Tabbouleh with Quinoa
Untraditional tabbouleh with quinoa, spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes, and parsley. It’s an incredibly flavorful salad that takes only minutes to make!
Healthy, filling, and incredibly easy salad that lasts in the fridge for several days? This quinoa tabbouleh salad! It’s gluten-free, takes practically no time to prepare, and tastes 100% amazing!
Quinoa tabbouleh is an adaptation of the Middle Eastern tabbouleh salad, normally made with bulgur wheat, tomatoes, parsley, mint, olive oil, and lemon juice.
Our version is made with quinoa instead of bulgur wheat and the addition of fresh baby spinach, and cucumbers. It has great flavor, crunch, and a zesty kick! Enjoy it as a side dish alongside Yogurt Marinated Chicken Kebabs or serve it with pita chips.
You can make this salad year-round. Simply use fresh, good-quality ingredients, especially tomatoes. Look for nice and plump tomatoes, such as cocktail tomatoes. They’re known for their sweet and juicy flavor year-round.
- green onions
- olive oil
- fresh lemon juice
How to Make Tabbouleh with Quinoa
Cook quinoa according to box directions and cool until warm and/or room temperature. You can also prepare the quinoa the night before.
In a large bowl, toss together the cooked quinoa, spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes, green onions, and parsley.
In a separate small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic.
Toss with the salad. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes up to overnight.
How Long Does Tabbouleh Last in Fridge?
Tabbouleh salad lasts for up to 4 days in the refrigerator when stored covered.
What to Serve with Tabbouleh
Tabbouleh is a great salad to enjoy with pita bread or to serve alongside other small appetizer-type dishes. It also makes a great meal prep salad so you can enjoy it on its own. Here are some serving suggestions:
Serve as Appetizer
Serve as Side Salad
- Grilled Chicken Tenders
- Artichoke and Spinach Roasted Salmon
- Chicken Stuffed Zucchini
- Turkey Pesto Meatballs
- Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- Grilled Salmon Burgers
For a low-carb version try our Cauliflower Tabbouleh
More Quinoa SaladsPrint
Quinoa tabbouleh salad with spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes, and parsley.
- 1 cup dry quinoa, cooked per box directions, and cooled
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1 English cucumber, diced, about 2 cups
- 1 large tomato or 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, spinach, cucumber, tomatoes, green onion, and parsley.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic. Add to the salad and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate the salad for at least 30 minutes up to overnight. Before serving, taste the salad for salt and acidity.
- Quinoa: Cool quinoa until warm or room temperature before tossing with the dressing, otherwise, it will soak up too much of the dressing. Quinoa can be cooked the night before.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 278
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 11 mg
- Fat: 20.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.1 g
- Protein: 4.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: easy salad, quinoa salad, healthy
Recipe originally published 12/2/2015.