TGIF friends! Today is one of those days where I’m not sure whether I should be excited or sad. I’ve been off for two weeks now and I’m excited that it’s the last Friday before the normal week begins but also sad. I am with no doubt looking forward to getting back into my routine (hello gym time!) but also a little sad because sleeping in and having breakfast with my boys for the last couple weeks will spoil any mama. But all is good. This month will be busy.
I’ve got ton of new recipes coming your way. More healthy and less fat. My goal is to eat fish at least once a week. So, I’ve been playing around with some new fish recipes that are simple, quick, and satisfying. So, hopefully I can share some of the goodness and motivate you to get back to eating a little healthier and cleaner with me.
Today, I have another easy recipe that serves as an appetizer, light lunch, or just a muncher. Mediterranean Flatbread combines artichokes, tomatoes, olives, and prosciutto in a sweet and garlicky dressing a top of a store-bought flatbread. Super simple, quick, and easy. I’ve been making this just as a salad for years now and sometimes throwing it in a pasta salad. My favorite part is the dressing: garlic, honey, and mustard are gold in my opinion and never disappoint. It’s one of my favorite combos in a homemade dressing/vinaigrette.
If you’re not feeling the part of piling this a top of a flatbread, serve it as a salad with some crusty bread because you will want to soak up all the juices goodness.
Store the salad in the refrigerator up to couple days. It just gets more juicier and better with age.Print
Mediterranean inspired flatbread with artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, prosciutto, and fresh basil.
- 1 (24 oz.) jar artichokes, in oil, drained, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, in oil, drained, julienned
- 1 (2.25 oz.) can black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced prosciutto
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil, plus extra for garnish
- 3 flatbreads or pocketless pita breads (about 7 1/2-inches round)
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp. mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine the artichokes, grape tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, prosciutto, and basil. Pour the dressing and mix until combined. Chill the salad, covered, in the refrigerator while preparing the flatbread.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Toast the flatbreads on a baking sheet for 5 minutes. Remove and top with the chilled salad; cut into wedges and serve immediately.
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined.
Keywords: Greek, pizza, easy