Pineapple salsa with creamy avocado, beans, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice. It’s the most delicious combo of sweet and spicy.
Pineapple Black Bean Salsa
Homemade salsa is so simple and easy to make at home! This pineapple black bean salsa is a little sweet and a little spicy.
It’s made with fresh pineapple chunks, creamy avocado, black beans, plus spicy jalapeño.
Fresh Pineapple is the Key
Using fresh pineapple is the key to making pineapple salsa taste the best.
Pick fresh ripe pineapple that is plump, feels heavy and has a strong sweet pineapple smell. It should also have green fresh-looking leaves. Ripe pineapples should have a firm shell that is slightly soft when squeezed.
Avoid pineapple with soft, dark spots, and yellowed leaves.
Ingredients to Make this Recipe
You’ll need the following ingredients to make pineapple black beans salsa:
- fresh pineapple
- black beans
- red onion
- lime juice
How to Make Pineapple Black Bean Salsa
In a bowl, toss to combine the pineapple, black beans, avocado, red onions, jalapeño, and cilantro.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add lime juice and gently toss to combine.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. Taste for salt and acidity before serving.
What to Serve with Salsa
Pineapple salsa is best served the same day and tortilla chips aren’t the only option for serving. Try these great recipes to to pair with salsa!
- Grilled Chicken Tenders
- Grilled Chicken Tacos
- Spring Roll Bowl with Chicken
- Zucchini Chicken Enchiladas
Love Salsa? Here are More to Try:Print
Pineapple salsa with creamy avocado, beans, jalapeno, cilantro, and lime juice. It’s the most delicious combo of sweet and spicy.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh diced pineapple
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large ripe avocado, diced
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- In a bowl, combine the pineapple, black beans, avocado, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes. Taste for salt and acidity before serving. Salsa is best served the same day.
- Spiciness: This salsa is mild so feel free to add more jalapeno for extra heat.
Keywords: fresh, summer, easy
Recipe published 7/8/2015. Recipe updated 7/30/2021.