Pineapple Black Bean Salsa
Pineapple salsa with creamy avocado, beans, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice. It’s the most delicious combo of sweet and spicy.
Homemade salsa is so simple and easy to make at home! This pineapple black bean salsa is a little sweet and a little spicy.
It’s made with fresh pineapple chunks, creamy avocado, black beans, plus spicy jalapeño.
It serves well with tortilla chips or chop it up into larger chunks to serve as a side dish alongside tex-mex inspired dishes, such as Spicy Shrimp Tacos or Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps.
Fresh Pineapple is the Key
Using fresh pineapple is the key to making pineapple salsa taste the best.
Pick fresh ripe pineapple that is plump, feels heavy and has a strong sweet pineapple smell. It should also have green fresh-looking leaves. Ripe pineapples should have a firm shell that is slightly soft when squeezed.
Avoid pineapple with soft, dark spots, and yellowed leaves.
Ingredients to Make this Recipe
You’ll need the following ingredients to make pineapple black beans salsa:
- fresh pineapple
- black beans
- red onion
- lime juice
How to Make Pineapple Black Bean Salsa
In a bowl, toss to combine the pineapple, black beans, avocado, red onions, jalapeño, and cilantro.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add lime juice and gently toss to combine.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. Taste for salt and acidity before serving.
What to Serve with Salsa
Pineapple salsa is best served the same day and tortilla chips aren’t the only option for serving. Try these great recipes to pair with salsa!
More Salsa RecipesPrint
Pineapple Black Bean Salsa
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Chop
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Pineapple salsa with creamy avocado, beans, jalapeno, cilantro, and lime juice. It’s the most delicious combo of sweet and spicy.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh diced pineapple
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large ripe avocado, diced
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- In a bowl, combine the pineapple, black beans, avocado, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes. Taste for salt and acidity before serving. Salsa is best served the same day.
- Spiciness: This salsa is mild so feel free to add more jalapeno for extra heat.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 127
- Sugar: 4.7 g
- Sodium: 275 mg
- Fat: 3.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.2 g
- Protein: 5.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: fresh, summer, easy
Recipe originally published 7/8/2015.
what a fun salsa, like the sweet element from the pineapple. and the rest, always love black beans, thank you!
Made this for a Mardi Gras party it was a big hit. Will make again. Thank you
Beautiful summer colors. Perfect for parties and get together.
Thanks Valya! I agree 🙂