A favorite with adults and kids — grilled chicken tenders marinated in olive oil, garlic, spices, and lemon juice, then grilled until juicy tender.
You will love these easy grilled chicken tenders as they are made with mostly pantry ingredients and require minimal prep. Not to mention they are incredibly flavorful!
Grilled Chicken Tenders Marinade
The secret to these grilled chicken tenders is the marinade. It’s an incredibly flavorful combination of mostly pantry ingredients.
You’ll need the following ingredients for the chicken marinade:
- dried parsley
- red chili flakes
- salt and pepper
- fresh lemon juice
- fresh garlic
- olive oil
To make the marinade, simply combine all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
Toss the marinade with the chicken tenders until evenly coated and let sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
How to Grill Chicken Tenders
Preheat an outdoor grill on medium high heat. Clean and oil the grill grates.
Place the chicken tenders on the grill in a single layer. Grill the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until the juices run clear and an internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
The cooking time of the chicken tenders will vary with the size and thickness of the tenders.
To Make Grilled Chicken Tenders on the Stovetop: To make chicken tenders on the stovetop, use a cast-iron grill pan and heat it over medium high heat. Brush the pan with little avocado oil. Add tenders to the pan in a single layer, and cook as directed, 3-4 minutes on each side.
Here are some ways to serve grilled chicken tenders throughout the week:
- Dip them into your favorite sauce, such as honey mustard, ranch, BBQ, or chimichurri sauce.
- Top your favorite salad with grilled chicken tenders for a healthy boost of protein.
- Serve the tenders alongside a fresh salad and a side dish for a complete meal.
More Grilled Chicken Recipes
- Grilled Chicken Tacos
- Yogurt Marinated Chicken Kebabs
- Balsamic Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Orange Chicken
- Spicy Honey Chicken and Sweet Potato Kebabs
Grilled chicken tenders marinated in olive oil, garlic, spices, and lemon juice, then grilled until juicy tender.
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 tsp. honey
1/4 tsp. red chili flakes
1 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper, to taste
- 2 lbs. chicken tenders
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, honey, red chili flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Add the chicken tenders and toss to evenly coat. Let the chicken marinate for 10-15 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat an outdoor gas grill on medium-high heat. Clean and oil the grill grates.
- Place the chicken in a single layer on the grill. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear and internal temperature registers at 165 F. Cook time will vary with the size and thickness of the tenders. I used larger size tenders.
- Remove the tenders to a plate, cover with foil, and rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Dried Parsley: Dried oregano or Italian seasoning also works great instead of parsley.
- Stovetop Instructions: Use a heavy-bottom grill pan, such as cast-iron, and heat it over medium high heat. Brush the pan with avocado oil or other high-heat oil. Add tenders to the pan in a single layer, and cook as directed, 3-4 minutes per side.
Keywords: easy grilled chicken, kid friendly, summer