Pomegranate Arugula Quinoa Salad
This festive quinoa salad is a holiday must! Loaded with so much flavor and crunch. Everything from leafy arugula, bright pomegranate, crunchy apples, and salty feta.
Just like the Butternut Squash and Cranberry Quinoa Salad, it comes together effortlessly and can be made the night before.
Quinoa Arugula Feta Salad
I sure hope you guys are not tired of all these holiday sides yet because I got a good one for you today.
This quinoa pomegranate salad is a burst of flavor. It’s loaded with juicy pomegranate seeds for extra texture and pops of flavor. Not to mention the salty feta, crunchy apples, and sweet balsamic dressing.
Is Quinoa Salad Served Hot or Cold?
This quinoa salad is served chilled or at room temperature. It’s a great salad to make the night before. That way the flavors have time to blend. If making the night before, hold off on adding the arugula until ready to serve so it does not wilt.
How to Make Arugula Quinoa Feta Salad
COOK THE QUINOA: Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. Cool quinoa before adding in the rest of the ingredients. Otherwise, warm quinoa will soak up the dressing and result in a dry salad.
MAKE THE DRESSING: The dressing is only three ingredients. Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and Dijon mustard.
TOSS QUINOA WITH EVERYTHING ELSE: Combine cooled quinoa with chopped apples, pomegranate, walnuts, feta, and dried cranberries. I used a Gala apple for its sweet and mild flavor.
ADD DRESSING AND CHILL: Toss the salad with the dressing, cover, and chill for good 45 minutes. Chilling is very important. It marinates all the flavors together.
Katya’s TIP: This is a great salad to make the night before. Add arugula right before serving.
How Long Will Quinoa Salad Last?
Quinoa salad will keep, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days. Arugula does wilt down a bit but other than that the salad holds up well.
Love Quinoa Salads? Here are a few favorites:
- Lemon Chicken Quinoa Salad
- Quinoa Salad with Spinach and Feta
- Quinoa Chicken Salad with Balsamic Dressing
- Superfood Green Tabbouleh
If you try Quinoa Pomegranate Salad, please leave us feedback and a rating.Print
This festive quinoa salad is a holiday must! Loaded with so much flavor and crunch. Everything from leafy arugula, bright pomegranate, crunchy apples, and salty feta. Comes together effortlessly and can be made the night before.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 cups roughly chopped baby arugula
- 1 Gala apple, cored + chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Set aside to cool completely.
- Prepare the dressing by adding all of the ingredients into a mason jar. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Shake vigorously until combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled quinoa, pomegranate seeds, arugula, apples, walnuts, feta, and cranberries. Drizzle with dressing and toss to combine.
- Cover and chill the salad for 45 minutes up to overnight. Give it a quick toss right before serving.
- Make Ahead: This is a great salad to make the night before. Hold off on adding arugula until ready to serve.
- Leftovers: Leftover salad will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days in an airtight container. The arugula does wilt down and apples slightly change color, but other than that the salad holds up well in the fridge.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 355
- Sugar: 14.7 g
- Sodium: 183.5 mg
- Fat: 23.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.3 g
- Protein: 6.7 g
- Cholesterol: 12.5 mg
Keywords: holiday, Christmas, make ahead, side