Salmon Avocado Salad
Salmon avocado salad with roasted salmon, creamy avocado, and crisp vegetables, tossed in fresh cilantro dressing. If you want lunch and dinner all in one then this salad will satisfy just that!
Well and here I got so excited for March. We woke up to snow this morning. How crazy is that!? Considering on Tuesday it was close to 70 degrees. On top of that, I woke up feeling like I was hit by a bus. I hardly ever ever get sick but this winter I somehow managed to do it twice. I blame the kids. But let’s move on to some happy things! It is a Friday after all and whether you’re waking up to snow or bird chirping weather this salad can satisfy us during every season.
I have a sister who lives in California and she loves her veggies. Like big time. She’s not a vegetarian but she’s big on farm to table type dishes. Plus can you blame her? I mean California is like the golden state for any foodie. They have farmers markets year round and palm trees. Palm trees make everything happy. Right? But this salad was inspired by her. She was telling me about her chopped salmon salad with cilantro dressing dinner one night. It sounded absolutely delicious, fresh, and right up my alley. So I made it last week and instantly fell in love with all the flavors. I know you guys will love this as much as we do.
I say it’s a perfect spring time salad but honestly you can make it year round. It has crisp romaine lettuce, avocado, radishes, cucumber, fresh herbs, and crunchy croutons. Everything tossed in cilantro dressing. I used store bought croutons but made my own Cilantro Dressing. If you haven’t tried making your own dressing yet, this one is a good one to start with. It literally takes 5 minutes to make. You throw everything in a food processor, pulse until smooth, and enjoy fresh dressing for days.
I kept the salmon pretty simple. Little bit of olive oil and salt + pepper is all you need to roast the salmon. It pairs absolutely beautiful with the crisp vegetables and flavor packed cilantro dressing. And it is super flavor packed! It has a strong cilantro taste with kick of garlic.
Now all you have to do is decide if you’re going to make this for lunch or dinner? Because it’s light and filling at the same time for both!
If you try this Salmon Avocado Cucumber Salad, don’t forget to leave feedback and a rating.Print
Spring inspired salad with roasted salmon, creamy avocado, and crisp vegetables, tossed in fresh cilantro dressing. If you want lunch and dinner all in one then this salad will satisfy just that!
- 1 lb. fresh salmon fillet
- olive oil
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- fresh lemon, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel. Place the salmon in the baking pan. Drizzle oil over the top of the salmon, just enough to coat, and rub over with fingers or pastry brush. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Roast for 10-14 minutes or until cooked through and easily flaked. Cooking time will vary on the thickness of the salmon. Remove salmon from the oven and give it a nice squeeze of fresh lemon juice (optional). Flake with a fork into bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss romaine lettuce, radishes, cucumber and avocado with desired amount of Cilantro Dressing. Transfer the salad to a serving bowl or platter.
- Top the salad with croutons, green onions, and flaked salmon. Sprinkle with fresh chopped dill and basil. Taste for salt and pepper, and adjust if needed.
- Serve immediately.
- Nutrition information is only for the salad. See cilantro dressing for its own nutrition.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 333
- Sugar: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 161.5 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.6 g
- Protein: 29 g
- Cholesterol: 58.3 mg
Keywords: dinner salad, fresh, healthy, seafood