Ultra-versatile balsamic vinaigrette dressing with only a handful of ingredients. This everyday vinaigrette dressing is creamy, tangy, and sweet.
What is Balsamic Vinaigrette?
It’s a vinaigrette for salads consisting of balsamic vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper. You can also add a variety of other ingredients to customize the dressing, everything from mustard, garlic, herbs, and spices.
Ways to Use Balsamic Vinaigrette
Balsamic vinaigrette dressing is bold, zesty, and the perfect blend of sweet and savory. It tastes great on everything from green salads, vegetables, pasta salads, marinade for chicken, and beyond. Here are some ways to use balsamic vinaigrette dressing:
- Berry Spinach Salad
- Spinach Apple Salad
- Tomato Mozzarella Salad
- Apple Walnut Salad
- Beet Salad with Avocado
- Kale Salad with Butternut Squash and Cranberries
Or drizzle it over…
- Avocado Toast
- Cold flatbread, such as Artichoke Tomato and Spinach Flatbread
- Grain bowl with veggies and protein of choice
Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients
For this balsamic vinaigrette dressing recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- extra-virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar – good quality vinegar, such as this one
- dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
Optional add-ins: minced garlic, minced shallots, dried spices –such as dried oregano or Italian seasoning
How to Make Balsamic Vinaigrette
To a bowl or a mason jar with a lid, add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine or if using a mason jar –shake vigorously until well blended.
Taste the dressing before serving and adjust the salt and pepper. Add extra honey and mustard to taste. If desired, add the optional add-ins. Serve immediately.
How Long Does Balsamic Vinaigrette Last?
It all depends on what you put in it. Basic vinaigrette without any add-ins will keep stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Vinaigrette with fresh add-ins, such as garlic or shallots, will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
It’s also normal for the oil and vinegar to separate upon standing so give the dressing a good whisk or shake before serving.Print
Ultra-versatile balsamic vinaigrette dressing with only a handful of ingredients. This everyday vinaigrette recipe is so creamy, tangy, and sweet.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. good-quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. honey or maple syrup, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard, plus more to taste
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Optional add-ins: minced garlic, minced shallots, dried spices – such as oregano or Italian seasoning
- Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Or add all ingredients into a mason jar with a lid and shake vigorously until combined.
- Taste the dressing for salt and pepper. Add more honey and mustard to taste, and any optional add-ins.
- Storing Leftovers: Vinaigrette without any optional add-ins will last in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. If adding fresh ingredients, such as garlic or shallots, it will keep refrigerated for about 1 week.
- Before Serving: It is normal for the oil and vinegar to separate upon standing so give the dressing a good whisk or shake before serving.
Keywords: everyday vinaigrette, salad dressing