This homemade buttermilk ranch dressing is the best! Made with buttermilk, fresh dill, and a handful of pantry ingredients.
Best Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
Ranch dressing is one of the most refreshing ways to dress a salad. This homemade buttermilk ranch dressing comes together in less than 10 minutes and tastes, well, the BEST!
A touch of cool, creamy, garlicky, and fresh. It’s one of the tastiest dressings you can make right at home with most ingredients already on hand.
It’s all about the seasoning and what I love about this one is that it does not require a load of different spices but only a few flavorful ingredients.
The Secret to Great Ranch is Buttermilk
Buttermilk is the secret ingredient to the best-tasting ranch dressing. It adds extra tanginess to the dressing, which is evenly balanced with the rest of the ingredients. The end result is tangy, sweet, and creamy with a bite.
What is buttermilk ranch made of? Here’s a quick run-down of the ingredients you’ll need to make buttermilk ranch dressing recipe:
- sour cream
- fresh dill
- Dijon mustard
- lemon juice
- Tabasco sauce
How to Make the Best Buttermilk Ranch Recipe
Making homemade ranch dressing is too easy! You can whisk the ingredients by hand or if you’re doubling the recipe, add everything into a food-processor and let it do all the work for you.
To make ranch dressing, add all of the ingredients into a bowl and whisk until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy right away or store covered in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Ways to Use Ranch Dressing
Besides spooning ranch dressing over a salad, it also makes an amazing condiment. Here are some ways to use it:
- Serve it as a dip for chicken wings.
- Add it to your vegetable platter to serve alongside veggies and crackers.
- Spoon it over a lettuce wrap or a bowl.
- It also makes the best dip for fries.
Few Tips & Notes
- The dressing will thicken the longer it sits. Feel free to thin out with little milk, buttermilk, or water.
- If you prefer garlicky dressing, add up to 2 cloves of garlic.
- For best results, avoid reduced-fat and/or lite sour cream and mayonnaise.
- Use fresh dill. It’s so much more flavorful than dill weed.
The best homemade buttermilk ranch dressing lies in a handful of basic ingredients! I promise you’ll never go back to store-bought dressing again.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk until well blended and smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve right away or cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Garlic: Feel free to add up to 2 cloves of garlic to the dressing if you prefer a more garlicky dressing. The garlic flavor will get stronger the longer the dressing sits.
- Reduced-Fat: For best results, do not use reduced-fat and/or lite sour cream and mayonnaise.
- Storing the Dressing: The dressing will thicken when refrigerated. Thin out with little milk, buttermilk, or water.
Keywords: dressing, homemade, salad, easy