These chicken sliders guys is your next weeknight dinner. Seriously. They can not be any more easier and delicious. All from scratch, all from fresh ingredients. We love these as a light dinner with loads of healthy sides.
First off, chicken thighs are the best! Can we all just agree on that? Juicy, tender and they cook in a heartbeat. So I started off with 6 chicken thighs, that I cut in half to create 12 pieces. Marinated in cilantro + lime juice + olive oil for 30 minutes. Don’t be fooled by this simple marinade. Lime juice and cilantro really flavor the chicken well. These are grilled for about 3 minutes per side. You can pretty much stop here and eat the chicken as is but what’s even better than juicy tender chicken? Loads of avocado goodness on top!
I topped these babies off with tomato guacamole. Tomatoes, avocado, and loads of cilantro all mashed with lime juice and onion. You put all that between two slider buns and you have yourself an absolutely delicious meal. No need for anything else in these as all the flavor is there!
I just truly love, love this recipe because it is so stinkin’ easy and GOOD! Perfect for summer grilling and entertaining. Best part, you don’t have to make anything in advance because everything comes together so quickly and best eaten fresh.
- 6 chicken thighs, skinless, boneless, cut in half (you will have 12 pieces)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 12 slider buns
- 1 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes (about 3 plum tomatoes)
- 2 avocados
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped white onion
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2–3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Prepare the chicken marinade by whisking together cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, and salt until combined. Add chicken pieces to a medium bowl and pour the marinade over the chicken, coating all around. Cover the bowl and marinate for 30 minutes, refrigerated.
- While the chicken is marinating, prepare the guacamole by combining tomatoes, avocado pulp, onion, cilantro, lime juice, garlic salt, and sea salt in a medium bowl. With a fork or potato masher, mash everything together until chunky consistency. Season with fresh black pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat the grill on medium high and grill the chicken for 3 minutes per side or until no longer pink on the inside.
- To assemble: place chicken on the bottom buns, top with a good heaping of guacamole. Serve immediately. Serves 6 as main dish (2 sliders each).
add additional 30 min to prep time for chicken to marinate