BBQ Chicken Sliders
Easy BBQ chicken sliders made with chicken thighs and a simple homemade barbecue sauce. They are served with a refreshing coleslaw for an ultimate crowd-pleasing summer meal!
BBQ Chicken Sliders
If you’re looking for an easy BBQ sliders recipe then you come to the right place! These barbecue chicken sliders are the ultimate easy summer food.
Made on the stovetop with juicy chicken thighs and a quick homemade bbq sauce. The chicken is the perfect balance of sweet and tangy.
It’s served inside a slider bun or Hawaiian sweet buns and topped with our creamy and refreshing coleslaw.
To make the barbecue chicken sliders, you will need the following ingredients:
- apple cider vinegar
- Worcestershire sauce
- soy sauce
- chili powder
- chicken thighs
- kosher salt and black pepper
How to Make BBQ Chicken Sliders Recipe
It all starts with making the BBQ sauce. It’s a really basic homemade version made with mostly pantry staple ingredients that is slightly smoky, spicy, and sweet.
In a bowl or a large glass measuring cup, whisk together the ketchup, honey, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, chili powder, and salt. Set aside.
Lightly pat dry the chicken thighs with a few sheets of paper towels to remove excess moisture. Lay flat on a platter or cutting board and season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
Heat avocado oil in a large skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add the thighs and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until lightly golden brown.
Pour the prepared BBQ sauce over the chicken. Reduce heat to a medium-low, and simmer covered for 20-25 minutes, flipping the chicken halfway through.
Remove the pan off the heat and let stand for 5-10 minutes. Using two forks, shred the chicken inside the pan, and toss with the sauce.
Assembling BBQ Chicken Sliders
To assemble the barbeque chicken sliders, you will need:
- Slider rolls or Hawaiian sweet buns
- Creamy coleslaw
- Optional toppings, such as sliced pickles, thinly sliced red onions, or cheese
Break each roll in half and top with a generous amount of BBQ chicken, then the coleslaw, and any other additional toppings of choice.
BBQ Sliders Sides
Serve these BBQ sliders with fresh summer sides, such as:
- Tomato Cucumber Mozzarella Salad
- Pasta Salad with Italian Dressing
- Sweet Corn Salad with Tomatoes and Feta
- Watermelon Cucumber Salad
Love sliders? Try our Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken Sliders.Print
Easy BBQ chicken sliders made with chicken thighs, simple homemade barbecue sauce, and refreshing coleslaw. It’s an ultimate crowd-pleasing summer meal that can be whipped up in no time!
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3–4 Tbsp. avocado oil or other high heat oil
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless, chicken thighs, about 8, trimmed of excess fat
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 recipe Easy Coleslaw Recipe
- 12 Slider buns or Hawaiian sweet rolls
- Optional: thinly sliced red onions, sliced pickles
- In a bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the BBQ sauce: ketchup, honey, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, chili powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan or skillet over medium/high heat. Lightly pat dry the chicken with few sheets of paper towels to remove excess moisture. Lay flat on a platter or cutting board and season both sides with salt and pepper. Add chicken to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until lightly golden brown. Do not overcrowd the chicken or it will not brown. If needed, cook in batches.
- Pour the prepared BBQ sauce over the chicken. Reduce heat to a medium/low and cook covered for 20-25 minutes, flipping the chicken halfway through. The sauce will slightly reduce and thicken.
- Remove the pan off heat and let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes. Using two forks, shred the chicken inside the pan and toss to coat with the sauce. Serve inside a slider bun topped with coleslaw.
- Leftovers: Store leftover BBQ chicken in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Nutritional information is only for the BBQ chicken and does not include the toppings and slider buns.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 176
- Sugar: 11.6 g
- Sodium: 409.4 mg
- Fat: 6.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.7 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 71 mg
Keywords: cook out, summer, bbq