Fall-inspired chicken quinoa salad with rotisserie chicken, crunchy veggies, cranberries, and pumpkin seeds. Tossed in a simple yet flavorful balsamic dressing. It’s perfect as a meal on its own or as aside.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I love a good salad, especially one that is packed with protein, veggies, and doubles up as a meal or a side. This quinoa salad with chicken and balsamic dressing is the perfect fall salad.
It has some of my ALL time favorite fall flavors: cranberry and pumpkin seeds that are combined with crunchy veggies and tossed in the most perfect balsamic dressing.
It’s made with rotisserie chicken so there is hardly any cooking involved. Enjoy it as a meal on its own or as a side to a hearty bowl of Broccoli Cheddar Soup.
Love Quinoa Salads?
If you’re like us and can’t get enough of quinoa, try these salads with quinoa:
- Butternut Squash and Cranberry Quinoa Salad
- Lemon Chicken Quinoa Salad
- Quinoa Salad with Spinach and Feta
- Pomegranate Arugula Quinoa Salad
If you try Quinoa Chicken Salad, don’t forget to leave feedback and a rating.Print
Fall inspired chicken quinoa salad with rotisserie chicken, crunchy veggies, cranberries, and pumpkin seeds. Tossed in a simple yet flavorful balsamic dressing. It’s perfect as a meal on its own or as a side.
- 3/4 cup raw quinoa (white or rainbow)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups diced (on the small side) rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 Tbsp. toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Add quinoa and water to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook partially covered until liquid is absorbed and tender, about 20 minutes.
- To assemble the salad, in a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa (no need to chill it), chicken, celery, carrots, cranberries, red onion, and pumpkin seeds. Pour the salad dressing and mix thoroughly until combined. Taste for salt and pepper.
- Cover, and chill the salad in the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes. Best served same day.
- Whisk all ingredients in a small bowl until combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Keywords: grains, leftover chicken, healthy, fall