Grilled Garlic Shrimp
Grilled garlic shrimp made with only 7-ingredients! It’s quick, easy, and serves well with a refreshing chimichurri sauce.
Grilled Garlic Shrimp
Grilled shrimp skewers make a quick and versatile dinner in under 30-minutes! Shrimp marinates in a 6-ingredient marinade, then skewered on, and grilled until tender and pink.
You simply can not go wrong with this ultimate speedy meal!
Best Shrimp for Grilling
Extra large or jumbo shrimp works great on the grill. Look for fresh shrimp that’s peeled and deveined. Feel free to keep the tails on or off.
If buying frozen shrimp, make sure to defrost the shrimp and drain the excess liquid. You can set the shrimp over a colander to drain or use few sheets of paper towels to lightly pat dry the shrimp.
Grilled Garlic Shrimp Marinade
To make grilled garlic shrimp recipe, you’ll need to first make the marinade. It consists of six easy ingredients, mostly found in your pantry:
- olive oil
- red pepper flakes
- kosher salt
- lime zest and juice
Whisk all of the marinade ingredients together in a bowl. Add to the shrimp and toss until fully coated.
Use fresh jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails on or off. If shrimp is frozen, defrost, and thoroughly pat dry with a few sheets of paper towels to remove excess moisture.
How Long to Marinate Shrimp?
The great thing about this simple garlic shrimp marinade is that it’s quick and easy. After you toss the shrimp with the marinade, simply leave it at room temperature to marinate for about 15-20 minutes.
Avoid leaving the shrimp in the marinade for more than 20 minutes as the acid in the marinade will start to break down the shrimp meat and make it mushy.
How to Grill Garlic Shrimp
Preheat an outdoor gas grill on medium high heat. Clean and oil the grill grates.
Thread the shrimp onto skewers. Do not overcrowd the shrimp, otherwise, they won’t cook evenly. If using wooden skewers, make sure to soak in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning.
Place the skewers on the grill and grill the shrimp until opaque and tender, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove immediately and serve.
Ways to Serve Grilled Shrimp
Grilled garlic shrimp recipe is incredibly versatile. It pairs well with a variety of side dishes, over a salad, with pasta, or in wraps and bowls.
Side Dishes – enjoy grilled shrimp straight from the skewer alongside these sides:
- Cilantro Lime Coconut Rice
- Cauliflower Spinach Bake
- Creamy Orzo with Grilled Vegetables
- Cauliflower and Ricotta Mash
- Cilantro Rice
Salads – top your favorite salad with garlic shrimp for an added boost of protein:
- Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
- Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad
- Avocado Caesar Salad with Cucumbers
- Roasted Beet Salad with Avocado
- Chili Garlic Rice Noodle Salad
Pasta Recipes – love pasta? Pair it with grilled shrimp for a complete meal:
- Margherita Pasta
- Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce
- Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
- Pasta Primavera
- Garlic Cream Sauce Pasta
More Shrimp Recipes to Try:
- Shrimp Avocado Salad
- Shrimp Pesto Pasta Recipe
- Shrimp Pasta Primavera
- Easy Spicy Shrimp Tacos
- Coconut Milk Shrimp
Grilled garlic shrimp made with only 7-ingredients! It’s a quick, easy, and incredibly versatile recipe.
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- Zest of 2 limes
- 1 1/2 lbs. extra-large or jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, paprika, salt, lime zest, and juice. Toss the shrimp with the mixture and set aside to marinate for 15 minutes. Do not marinate for more than 20 minutes, otherwise, the acid in the marinade will break down the shrimp and make them mushy.
- Preheat an outdoor gas grill on medium-high heat. Clean and oil the grill grates.
- Thread the shrimp onto the skewers. Do not overcrowd the shrimp as it won’t cook evenly.
- Place the skewers on the grill and cook, uncovered, until the shrimp are tender and opaque, about 2 minutes per side. Remove immediately and serve. Optional, garnish with fresh minced parsley.
- Shrimp: If using frozen shrimp, make sure to defrost the shrimp first. Drain excess liquid and pat dry with few sheets of paper towels before tossing with the marinade. Feel free to keep the tails on or off.
- Skewers: Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning.
- Leftovers: Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 162
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 290.6 mg
- Fat: 7.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.4 g
- Protein: 23 g
- Cholesterol: 182.5 mg
Keywords: easy shrimp, shrimp skewers, grilled seafood