Cozy up to this apple crisp with coconut oil, honey, and almond flour. Made with the perfect touch of cinnamon and crunchy coconut walnut topping. Best served warm with vanilla ice cream or creamy Greek yogurt.
Fall and everything cozy is what I crave the minute the temperatures drop, including this little apple crisp. Made with a combination of sweet and tart apples, naturally sweetened with honey, and finished off with a crunchy coconut and almond flour topping. It’s an easy dessert that can be whipped up in no time with ingredients that we absolutely love. Serve it warm with vanilla ice cream or creamy Greek yogurt.
If you try Apple Crisp with Coconut Oil and Honey, don’t forget to leave feedback and a rating.Print
Cozy up to this apple crisp with coconut oil, honey, and almond flour. Made with the perfect touch of cinnamon and crunchy coconut walnut topping.
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 pounds apples (combo of sweet + tart), peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cubed
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. Scatter the cubed butter on a bottom of 9 X 9 inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the apples with cinnamon. I found that food tongs work the best for this step. Then add honey and toss to combine. Spread the apples in a single layer in the baking dish.
- In the same bowl, combine the oats, flour, walnuts, coconut flakes, cinnamon, and salt. Add the coconut oil and honey, and stir until combined.
- Spread the oat mixture over the apples covering them evenly. Scatter the cubed butter over the top. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the apples are tender and the topping is lightly golden brown. Let rest 15-20 minutes before serving. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or Greek yogurt.
Keywords: fall, healthy, easy