Turn juicy sweet berries into delicious homemade jam. No-canning necessary! This 30-minute jam is packed with healthy chia seeds, sweetened with honey, and stores in the fridge up to four weeks.
You guys…I’m feeling so grown up because I made jam!!! Even though this is the easy type of jam where no-canning is necessary but I’m totally feeling like I made something grand. My mama would be proud 🙂 It’s totally delicious, totally easy, and you can totally make it too!
I’ve never ever made jam before. Nor have I done any canning but my mama sure has. Pretty much her entire life. We grew up with a cellar full of canned goods. One of them being jam.
Raspberry jam was always my favorite, especially when smothered on a buttery toast. Today though, I’m going to show you how to make a quickie version of jam, without any canning or sterilizing of the cans!
You want to start off with fresh berries. I used a combo of strawberries + blueberries. I chopped the strawberries and obv kept the blueberries whole. Then both go into a 4-quart saucepan/stockpot.
Add 1 cup of honey and bring the mixture to a boil. Stir in chia seeds and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and add fresh lemon juice.
As the mixture cools it will thicken. So if you’re concerned that your jam is looking runny, just let it cool completely. Then you ladle the jam into clean jars or airtight container and refrigerate up to 4 weeks.
What do you guys think?! Easy enough? But wait, there’s more! It’s sweetened ONLY with honey and has healthy chia seeds. I mean it’s practically superfood. Gah…so good.
Spread it on buttery morning toast, mix it in Greek yogurt, oatmeal, frosting, cake, pancakes, crepes! I mean I can just go on and on. Totally worth 30-minutes of your day. I think so.
Honey sweetened strawberry blueberry jam with healthy chia seeds. It’s so easy to make on your stovetop as it requires no canning.
Yields: 2 1/2 cups
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup honey
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- In a 4-quart saucepan combine strawberries, blueberries, and honey. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Stir in chia seeds and reduce heat to a medium-low.
- Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Mixture will thicken more as it cools and even more as it chills.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Let jam cool completely at room temperature and then ladle into clean half-pint jars.
- Store covered, for up to 4 weeks in the refrigerator.
Keywords: easy jam, no canning, healthy spread