These grilled chicken tacos are made with thighs for more flavor and quick cooking time. Served with simple toppings and insanely delicious cilantro lime cream.
Try serving it with Zucchini Corn Salad for an easy weeknight meal.
Grilled Chicken Tacos
Grilled tacos are one of those things that you can customize in just about any way you like and that’s what makes them SO good! Plus who doesn’t love a good build your own meal?
These easy grilled chicken tacos are perfect to whip up on a busy weeknight. Made with thighs instead of breasts. So they’re more flavorful. Plus they cook in a fraction of time.
Serve them topped with tomatoes, radishes, cilantro, and a sprinkle of queso fresco cheese. And let’s not forget the cilantro lime cream, which is a must-have with any tacos!
If you try Grilled Chicken Tacos, don’t forget to leave feedback and a rating.Print
These grilled chicken tacos are made with thighs for more flavor and quick cooking time. Served with simple toppings and insanely delicious cilantro lime cream. Perfect meal for an easy weeknight!
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken thighs
- 12 (6-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup chopped tomato (about 1 large)
- 4–6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled queso fresco cheese*
- cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- limes, quartered
Cilantro Lime Crema
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. cilantro, minced
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- kosher salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together the oregano, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, cayenne, and olive oil until well blended. Add chicken thighs and toss to evenly coat.
- Preheat the grill on medium-high, add chicken thighs, and grill until cooked through, about 10-12 minutes. Remove and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- To serve, pile on the sliced chicken into the center of each tortilla and top with your favorite toppings, including the cilantro lime crema (and don’t forget squeeze of lime juice!).
Cilantro Lime Crema
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients until well blended. Keep refrigerated.
*queso fresco cheese is a soft, mild cheese, usually sold as a whole chunk
Keywords: summer, easy, Mexican