One-pan juicy chicken in a simple balsamic sauce, topped with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. This one-pan dinner comes together easy and will surely be a family favorite!
Hellooooo my friends! It feels forever since I shared a new recipe on here. I missed it a lot, even though, finding a good balance between my little ones, cooking, writing, and photography has proven to be very challenging in the last four weeks. But I am back with new recipes to kick off the fall season! Just bear with me as I’m still trying to figure out a good posting schedule. I also wanted to thank you guys for your support on my postpartum WIAW. I know a lot of you enjoyed reading them and I loved connecting with so many of you.
Now on to the recipe! This balsamic chicken has been making rounds during dinner time in our house for the last four weeks. Not only because I was testing it out but also because it is SO good! It’s a flavorful chicken breast recipe with a quick 15 minute marinade that transforms the chicken from plain into a flavor bomb. It’s quickly seared on the stovetop, then topped with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil, to finish baking in the oven. Serve it over rice or cauliflower rice with a side of kale caesar salad and you have yourself a wholesome dinner.
If you try this One Pan Balsamic Chicken, don’t forget to leave feedback and a rating.Print
One-pan balsamic chicken is a new twist on the traditional dish. Chicken is quickly marinated in unexpected combo and baked with mozzarella, tomatoes, and finished off with basil.
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (about 1 1/2 Tbsp.)
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness*
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 8 oz. grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella balls (ciliegine)**, halved
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
- kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, tomato sauce, and lemon juice. Add chicken to the marinade tossing to coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, toss together the tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt butter over high heat in a large oven-safe skillet. Remove the chicken from the marinade and add to the hot skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes per side or until lightly golden brown, seasoning both sides of chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Immediately, offheat, top the chicken with tomato mixture and bake uncovered for 18-23 minutes or until fully cooked through. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
*to pound the chicken, place the chicken between two pieces of plastic wrap or into a gallon size ziploc bag and using a mallot or rolling pin, pound the chicken to even thickness (p.s. don’t skip this step….pounding chicken helps it cooks evenly, faster, tenderizes the meat, and results in moister meat)
**measured out without any liquid
Keywords: one pan, easy, quick,