Bright summer salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, mozzarella, and basil, tossed in a tangy sweet red wine vinaigrette.
This salad is inspired by our Tomato Mozzarella Salad.
Tomato Cucumber Mozzarella Salad
Vibrant and fresh summer salad with sweet juicy tomatoes, crunchy cucumbers, and creamy mozzarella cheese. It’s topped with loads of fresh basil and tossed in the most delicious sweet and tangy 4-ingredient vinaigrette. This salad is the ultimate summer salad.
Ingredients You Will Need
To make this cucumber tomato and mozzarella salad, you will need to prep these simple ingredients:
- Cucumber: An English cucumber is ideal for this salad. It has minimal seeds. You can peel or keep the skin on. I like big crunchy rounds but you can also slice the cucumber into half-moons.
- Tomatoes: Grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, either keep them whole or cut in half.
- Mozzarella: Baby mozzarella balls. They come in a variety of sizes so you keep them whole or cut in half. Another option is to dice one large mozzarella ball.
- Red onions: Thinly slice the red onions and add more if you prefer. Shallots would be a great option too.
- Fresh basil: Fresh basil adds a hint of sweetness to the salad. Thinly slice the basil and add more if you like.
You’ll also need ingredients for the salad vinaigrette, such as extra-virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, fresh minced garlic, and honey. Plus salt and pepper.
How to Make Cucumber Tomato Mozzarella Salad
Step 1: Make the salad vinaigrette – In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, and honey. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Step 2: Toss the salad ingredients – In a large bowl, combine the cucumbers, tomatoes, mozzarella, red onions, and basil.
Step 3: Combine together – Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and gently toss to combine. Taste for salt and pepper before serving.
Feel free to switch up the salad and add the following:
- For a more nutrient dense salad, toss in some greens, such as fresh baby spinach or chopped romaine lettuce.
- Turn the salad into a pasta salad. Rinse cooked hot pasta under cold water first and toss with the salad. And double up on the vinaigrette!
- Love avocado? Dice an avocado and add to the salad.
Tomato cucumber salad with fresh mozzarella is a simple yet flavorful salad that pairs well with just about anything! You really can’t go wrong when serving this salad. Summer main dishes are always ideal to pair with this salad:
- Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta with Spinach
- Salmon Burgers
- Spicy Honey Chicken and Sweet Potato Kebabs
- Cilantro LIme Chicken
- Chicken with Zucchini and Corn
- BBQ Chicken Sliders
Bright summer salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, mozzarella, and basil, tossed in a tangy-sweet vinaigrette.
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 8 oz. grape or cherry tomatoes, halved, about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 (8 oz.) container small mozzarella balls, halved
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. honey
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumbers, tomatoes, mozzarella, red onions, and basil.
- Whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, and honey. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add to the salad and gently toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- Leftovers: Store leftover salad in an airtight container. Cucumbers will not be as crunchy but the overall salad will be fine for up to 2-3 days.
Keywords: easy salad, summer, tomato cucumber salad