This grilled orange chicken is juicy and tender after being marinated in a simple yet flavorful marinade. It’s a family favorite that never disappoints and is on repeat during the grilling season!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
It’s been raining in MD for the last two weeks but that didn’t stop us from firing up the grill! You guys know my love for the grill. I’m known to grill year-round. I love everything about grilled food: smell, taste, clean up, and easiness of preparing dinner in a cinch!
This Orange Chicken falls into every single one of those categories. I originally posted the recipe a couple months after I started this blog, and needless to say, the photos at that time did not do any kind of justice.
So, I’ve updated the photos and tweaked the recipe a bit as I don’t want anyone missing out on it! It’s our go to chicken recipe during the grilling season and it starts with an easy marinade, using ingredients that you probably have in your pantry.
Orange juice, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, paprika, and couple dashes of pepper sauce whisked together until combined. Then add the chicken, cover, and let marinate about 4 hours up to overnight.
The orange juice with the soy, plus fresh minced garlic penetrates into the chicken so well that no other seasoning is even necessary. I never add salt or pepper as I find the chicken to be seasoned just enough but of course, you can totally add salt/pepper, if needed.
This marinade also works great with other cuts of meat, such as drumsticks, breasts, and wings. I hope you guys love it as much as we do!!!
If you try Grilled Orange Chicken, don’t forget to leave feedback and a rating.Print
This grilled orange chicken is juicy and tender after being marinated in a simple yet flavorful orange marinade. It’s a family favorite that never disappoints.
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless, chicken thighs
- 1 cup orange juice, pulp free
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- couple dashes of hot pepper sauce
- For the marinade: In a medium bowl, whisk orange juice, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, paprika, and hot pepper sauce. Add chicken and toss to coat. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and marinate at least 4 hours up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- To cook the chicken: pre-heat the grill on medium-high heat. Add chicken and grill until cooked through, about 12-15 minutes. Discard the marinade.
- Let chicken rest 5-7 minutes before serving.
add additional time for chicken to marinate
Keywords: grilling, easy, healthier