Strawberry Avocado Salad
Strawberry Avocado Salad with sweet and tart poppy seed dressing and crunchy almonds!
Just like our Strawberry Poppyseed Chicken Salad, this salad is fresh, light, and very delicious!
Reasons to Love This Salad
Strawberry avocado spinach salad is all about simple and fresh ingredients. Sweet strawberries, creamy avocado, tart leafy spinach, and crunchy almonds tossed in a homemade Poppy Seed Dressing.
You can throw this salad together in about 10-minutes! It’s perfect for lunch or topped with grilled orange chicken or shrimp to enjoy for dinner. Plus this salad is very easy to customize to suit your taste.
You will love this salad!
Some of the best salads out there are ones that don’t require much. Just like our Tomato Mozzarella Salad, this strawberry and avocado salad is made with only a handful of ingredients!
- Red Onions
- Poppy Seed Dressing
The dressing is so creamy and delicious. It’s tart, sweet, and pairs so well with the bright strawberry avocado salad. It can be made up to 3-5 days ahead of time and kept refrigerated.
What Else Can You Add?
Once you master this basic spinach salad with strawberries and avocado, you can easily change it up.
- Try adding some salty crumbled feta cheese, goat cheese, gorgonzola, or Asiago cheese.
- Don’t like almonds? Try walnuts, pecans, or pine nuts.
- For protein, grilled chicken, shrimp, or chopped hard-boiled eggs work great.
- You can easily substitute sliced fresh peaches for some or all of the strawberries.
- For extra crunch, try cucumbers, especially those little Persian ones.
- Lastly, thinly sliced fresh basil always brightens up any salad.
How to Make Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad
Have all of your ingredients washed, sliced, and prepped. To save on prep time, you can make the dressing ahead of time and keep it covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Step 1: Arrange the salad – Add spinach to a large salad bowl. Arrange the strawberries, avocado, red onions, and almonds over the spinach.
- Step 2: Add the dressing – Spoon Poppy Seed Dressing over the salad and enjoy.
Serving Tip! This salad is beautiful and tastes the best when served promptly. If you’re planning on taking this salad to a potluck hold off on adding the avocado and dressing until just before serving.
Ways to Serve It
More Spinach Salad Recipes
- Berry Spinach Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Chopped Spinach Apple Salad
- Avocado Tomato Spinach and Quinoa Salad
- Spinach Berry and Chicken Salad
Strawberry avocado spinach salad with sweet and tart poppyseed dressing. It’s the perfect salad for summer!
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- 1 cup strawberries, quartered or thinly sliced
- 1 large ripe avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 2 Tbsp. sliced roasted almonds, or more to taste
- Poppy Seed Dressing
- To a large salad bowl add spinach. Layer the strawberries, avocado, red onions, and almonds.
- Spoon dressing over the salad. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 143
- Sugar: 4.1 g
- Sodium: 529.2 mg
- Fat: 11.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Protein: 2.9 g
- Cholesterol: 1.7 mg
Keywords: easy, summer, fresh, in season
Recipe originally published in March 2015, updated May 2020 with new photos, rewritten post, and additional information. No change to the recipe.