Corn Salad with Feta
Summer sweet corn salad with feta, juicy cherry tomatoes, and fresh herbs is the ultimate side dish. Fresh, easy, and feeds a crowd in no time!
What is Corn Salad with Feta?
Summer corn salad with feta is made with fresh sweet corn, juicy tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, feta, and drizzled with an apple cider vinegar and garlic dressing.
You can’t beat the combination of flavors in this light side dish that can be served with a tasty grilled main course of lemon plank smoked salmon or chicken breasts.
If you love summer corn, try our chicken patties with corn succotash.
You can find these simple ingredients in your local grocery store or farmer’s market. Choose the freshest options for the best flavors.
- cherry tomatoes
- green onions
- olive oil
- apple cider vinegar
This fresh corn salad recipe is an excellent side dish that you can eat any time of year. Here are some options that you can add to this dish.
- Jalapenos, shallots, red onion, avocado, bell peppers, cucumbers
- Frozen or canned corn or black beans
- Cooked and crumbled bacon
- Fresh basil, dill, tarragon, parsley, or oregano
- Try red wine vinegar, white wine vinegar, or lemon juice for the acid in this dressing
- You can also make a creamy dressing with avocados, plain greek yogurt, mayonnaise, or ranch dressing
- Add seasonings like fresh lime juice, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, or paprika
How to Make Corn Salad with Feta
Here are brief steps to make this corn tomato feta salad. For the full description, see the recipe card below.
Boil and cut the corn: Boil the corn for 3 minutes. When the corn is cool, cut the kernels off the cob.
Add the vegetables: Add the tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, and feta to the bowl of corn.
Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, and garlic. Pour over the salad and toss well to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Allow the salad to sit for at least 15 minutes and up to 24 hours after combining it with the salt and dressing to let the flavors meld together.
Other Ways to Cook the Corn
Instead of boiling the corn, you can grill, saute, or broil it instead.
Charring brings out the sweetness of the corn and makes this summer corn salad recipe even more delicious.
To grill the corn, heat up a charcoal or gas grill over medium-high heat, brush the corn lightly with olive oil, and cook until the kernels are nicely browned.
If you want to saute the kernels, you can do this after removing them from the cob. Heat up a large skillet, add a tablespoon of olive oil, and cook the kernels until they’re golden brown.
You can also broil the corn in the oven. Place the ears on a rimmed baking sheet and brush them lightly with olive oil. Place them on the top rack in the oven on broil and turn every couple of minutes until the corn is lightly charred.
Easy Way to Get Corn Off the Cob
Hold the corn from the stem upright inside a large bowl and use a sharp knife (preferably a chef knife) to slice the corn from the top of the cob to the bottom. The kernels land in the bowl rather than all over the counter.
How to Serve
Serve this salad with other sides or main dishes. You can also use it as a dip for chips or on top of pita bread.
Freezing this salad isn’t a good idea because it won’t have the same crunchy texture that it does when it’s fresh.
While this salad is made with feta cheese, you can use grated parmesan cheese or other salty crumbled cheeses like Mexican cotija cheese or queso fresco.
This salad tastes the best after it’s been chilled.
More Corn RecipesPrint
Summer sweet corn paired with juicy cherry tomatoes, fresh herbs, and feta is the ultimate side dish. Fresh, easy, and feeds a crowd in no time!
- 5 ears of corn, husk and silk removed
- 1 pint sweet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 green onions, sliced (1/3 cup)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 medium garlic clove, pressed
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add corn and boil for 3 minutes. Remove corn to a plate and cool just enough to handle. When the corn is cool, cut the kernels off the cob, cutting close to the cob, and place them in a large bowl. You should have approximately 4 cups of corn.
- Add the tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, and feta to the corn.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, and garlic. Pour over the salad and toss well to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and chill for 15-30 minutes before serving.
- Corn: If using frozen corn, allow it to thaw, drain, and dry before adding it to the salad.
- Leftovers: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 147
- Sugar: 5.6 g
- Sodium: 89.4 mg
- Fat: 9.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.4 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
- Cholesterol: 7.4 mg
Keywords: summer, fresh, easy, bbq