Freshest of the ingredients in this crisp Greek Salad with Avocado and Pita Chips. Tossed in a delicious red wine oregano and basil vinaigrette and topped with crushed pita chips. It’s a meal on its own that will satisfy every craving!
You guys…this is it! My favorite salad of all times. LIKE ALL TIMES! No joke. Don’t ask why it took me so long to share it with you all. We have a variation of this salad every single night for dinner. And it never gets old. It has everything you possibly want in a good salad. Crispy greens, fresh veggies, salty cheese and crushed toasty pita chips. I can literally live off of this salad.
There is nothing much more I can say about this. The salad speaks for its self. It has your classic ingredients: cucumber, tomatoes, olives, and feta. I added chopped romaine but sometimes I make it without any romaine, especially in the summer time when the veggies are at its peak. I also added a shallot vs. a red onion. I love the mild and not overpowering taste of a shallot. It adds just a little oniony taste without killing everything else.
And then I just had to…had to add avocado. Avocado makes everything better. Period. To finish it off, crushed pita chips on top give it plenty of crunch. Don’t be tempted to leave them off! If you want, you can add leftover protein (chicken, steak, shrimp) to bulky it up and make it more filling.
The salad dressing ties all the flavors together and is beyond easy to make. It’s a slight variation of my all time favorite Greek Vinaigrette but with addition of basil and dill weed.
Go make it now. You won’t be disappointed ♥
- 8 cups (or 9 oz. bag) chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ English cucumber, chopped
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, chopped or sliced
- ½ cup whole kalamata or black olives, pitted
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled feta
- pita chips, crushed
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- ¼ tsp. basil leaves
- ¼ tsp. oregano
- ⅛ tsp. dill weed
- salt and black pepper
- In a large bowl, toss together the salad ingredients through feta.
- Prepare the salad dressing by whisking together the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the salad with dressing.
- Right before serving, sprinkle with crushed pita chips.