Chopped Greek salad with avocado just has to be the best salad in my book! I mean there’s nothing not to love.
- 4 Persian cucumbers or 1 seedless, chopped
- 6 campari tomatoes*, chopped or quartered
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 8 oz. feta chunk, preferably in brine, divided (see note)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta (see note)
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large salad bowl, combine all salad ingredients.
- For the vinaigrette, in a small bowl whisk together all ingredients. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and gently toss to combine. Taste for salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
*campari tomatoes are juicy, sweet, and are larger than a cherry tomato but smaller than a plum tomato
**you’re going to crumble 1/3 cup feta from the 8 oz. chunk to use in the vinaigrette and then dice the rest to use in the salad
Keywords: easy, chopped, authentic, Greek, fresh, healthy