Easy chickpea tomato salad with only handful of ingredients tossed in the most amazing oregano vinaigrette. It makes the perfect side to chicken, such as our Easy Roasted Herb Chicken.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Easy Chickpea Salad
I love easy salads, especially ones that pair well with different types of main dishes. This chickpea tomato salad is so simple and it goes well with some of our favorite dishes, such as Chicken Gyros, Roasted Lemon Rosemary Chicken, and Bruschetta Baked Cod with Panko.
It’s made with only 5-ingredients, such as garbanzo beans, tomatoes, olives, feta, parsley, and tossed in a zesty oregano vinaigrette. As the salad chills, all the flavors blend and every bite is a like a little dance party of flavor in your mouth. And if you’re simply looking for a light lunch, this salad + crusty bread is heaven!
Ingredients for Simple Chickpea Salad
With only 5-ingredients, plus the oregano vinaigrette, this chickpea and tomato salad comes together in a cinch! You’ll need the following ingredients:
- Chickpeas – canned chickpeas, whether 1 – 28 ounce can or 2 – 14 ounce cans. Just make sure to thoroughly drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Olives – I love black olives in this salad for their mild flavor, however, Kalamata olives is another alternative. They’re rich in flavor and saltier tasting. Depending on preference, you may require less olives.
- Tomatoes – grape or cherry tomatoes, or combination of both.
- Feta – buy a block of feta in brine and crumble it yourself. It’s so much more fresh and flavorful
- Parsley – don’t like parsley? Swap it out for fresh basil, mint, or dill!
How to Make Chickpea Salad – Step by Step
With only few steps and about 15-minutes of your time, this easy chickpea tomato salad requires very little effort. Just give yourself an hour to chill the salad so all the flavors have time to blend.
- Step 1: Have all of your salad ingredients ready: rinsed, drained, and chopped. In a large salad bowl, combine the chickpeas, tomatoes, olives, feta, and parsley. Set aside.
- Step 2: In a small bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients.
- Step 3: Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to combine. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Love Chickpeas and Can’t Get Enough?
Try these reader favorite chickpea salad recipes:
If you try Easy Chickpea Tomato Salad, don’t forget to leave feedback and rating.Print
Easy chickpea tomato salad is made with only 5-ingredients, plus the vinaigrette. It’s incredibly flavorful and we love to serve it along side chicken dishes.
- 1 (28 ounce) can garbanzo beans, well drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives*
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 2 Tbsp. fresh minced parsley*
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Combine garbanzo beans, olives, tomatoes, feta, and parsley in a large salad bowl.
- Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients, pour over the salad, and toss until combined.
- Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
- Variations: kalamata olives would be a delicious swap for the black olives. Just keep in mind they’re more saltier tasting. Don’t like parsley? Swap it out for fresh basil, dill, or mint.
Keywords: side, grilled chicken, quick, authentic