Yeay to Friday guys! Even though this week just flew by and I still have a list of things I wish I had time to do but there’s nothing more satisfying then knowing the weekend has arrived. Who’s with me on that?! I think whether you work full time, part time, stay home, or just simply living the life of the rich and the famous, everybody loves a Friday! It marks the beginning of the weekend and what do we do on weekends?
Well, lately we’ve been hibernating in this -8C weather but normally weekends mean, eating something a little more fattier, staying up a little later, and kinda putting a break in the norm Mon-Fri routine. I love Fridays because I get to see my hubs for more than four hours a day and wake up knowing there’s coffee brewing downstairs and fresh homemade crepes on the stove.
My hubby is the master of breakfast. On weekends, he takes over the kitchen and it’s all his. And what do I do? Well, let me tell ya…sip my coffee while watching the Pioneer Woman do her thing. I can’t complain. It’s a win, win situation.
So sometime before the holidays, he whipped out these Rosemary Garlic Potatoes on a whim. They are so easy that it’s kind of embarrasing. Sometimes as a food maker, I try to come up with something over the top, crazy, unusual but it’s the simple food that I really love and go back to. In this case, it’s these potatoes that I’m so stealing and sharing with you guys. But he don’t mind…he’s awesome like that 🙂
These potatoes are prepared on a stovetop in a skillet with only four ingredients. Cooked until crispy and brown on the outside with savory garlic and rosemary. Super flavorful! They make a perfect side to your breakfast eggs or serve them alongside your favorite dinner entree.Print
Stove top rosemary garlic potatoes make for one delicious side. They are soft, tender, yet crispy on the outside.
- 4 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- Olive oil
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add just enough olive oil to swirl and coat the pan. Add onion and saute until translucent, about 4 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Turn up the heat to medium/hight, add couple more tablespoons of olive oil. Add potatoes and cook until nicely browned on the outside, stirring frequently; about 8 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium; cover the skillet and continue cooking the potatoes until fork tender, stirring occasionally; additional 8-10 minutes. (If potatoes begin to stick to the pan and slightly burn, add little bit more oil).
- Add onions, garlic, and rosemary to the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper according to taste and cook additional 2-3 minutes just until garlic is fragrant.
Keywords: breakfast, stove top,