Roasted lemon chicken with rosemary and garlic is perfect for a weeknight dinner! It comes together so quickly and insanely flavored with only a few simple ingredients.
You can’t have too many roasted chicken recipes! This one is perfect for a busy weeknight or when you have a full house of guests.
It’s made in the oven with literally one bowl and a roasting pan. Not to mention only a few simple ingredients.
You only need rosemary, lemon, and garlic. It’s an insanely flavorful combo, especially for the chicken.
How to Make Lemon Rosemary Chicken
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside. You can use aluminum foil as well, just make sure to spray with a non-stick oil first.
In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, rosemary, lemon zest, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Add chicken and toss, thoroughly coating with the mixture.
Arrange the chicken on the prepared sheet pan skin side down. Make sure not to crowd the chicken. Bake for 30 minutes. Then flip the chicken and continue baking for an additional 25-30 minutes.
To Make this with Different Cuts of Chicken
This recipe works great with other cuts of chicken. Here are the cooking times and temperatures:
- Chicken breast (boneless, skinless): 425 F for 16-18 minutes
- Chicken thighs (boneless, skinless): 425 F for 12 minutes, flip, and bake for 8 minutes more
- Bone-in, skin-on chicken breast: 425 F for 35-45 minutes, roast skin side up
- Chicken wings: 425 F for 25 minutes, flip, and bake for 7-10 minutes more
- Whole chicken: 425 F for 1 hour for an average weight of a whole chicken of around 4 pounds. You’ll need to double the recipe for the rosemary lemon mixture if roasting a whole chicken.
The listed cooking times are an estimate. For the most foolproof way to ensure that your chicken is not over-or under-cooked, use an instant-read cooking thermometer. Chicken is cooked through when an internal temperature registers at 165F.
Can I Make this Ahead of Time?
To make the chicken ahead of time, simply toss the chicken with the rosemary lemon mixture and refrigerate, covered, up to overnight. When ready to bake, arrange the chicken pieces on the prepared baking sheet and bake as directed.
Side Dish Recipe Ideas
Looking for some side dishes to serve with this lemon rosemary chicken? Here are a few favorites:
- Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad or Easy Coleslaw Recipe
- Hasselback Potato Gratin or Red Skin Mashed Potatoes
- Lemon Asparagus Risotto or Cauliflower Rice Pilaf
- Asian Green Beans or Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Video: Watch How to Make It!Print
Roasted lemon chicken with rosemary and garlic is perfect for a weeknight dinner! It comes together so quickly and insanely flavored with only few simple ingredients.
- 2 1/2 pounds bone-in, skin on chicken thighs and drumsticks, pat dried with paper towel
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh minced rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. lemon zest (from about 4 lemons)
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, rosemary, lemon zest, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Add chicken and toss, throughly coating with the mixture.
- Arrange the chicken skin side down on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, then flip and continue baking for additional 25-30 minutes until completely cooked through. The skin should be golden brown when finished baking.
- This recipe works great with other cuts of chicken. See post for recommended baking times.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 488
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 929.7 mg
- Fat: 38.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.5 g
- Protein: 31.6 g
- Cholesterol: 185.5 mg
Keywords: baked, easy, meal prep, kid friendly