Ridiculously easy and foolproof oven-roasted herb chicken drumsticks. Seasoned perfectly with a mixture of dried herbs and then roasted until golden crisp on the outside and melt in your mouth tender inside.
There’s nothing better than an easy weeknight dinner that you can throw together in minutes, preferably with very little cleanup.
These oven-roasted herb drumsticks are exactly that! They come together super easy, require basically no cleanup, and taste ridiculously good.
The secret is all in the herb rub. It combines some of the basic dried herbs, such as oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, and cayenne.
Then the chicken is roasted nice and slow until golden crisp. All you need a huge House Salad and you have dinner on the table in no time!
What to Serve with Easy Roasted Herb Chicken:
When it comes to serving roasted chicken, the possibilities are endless. You really can’t go wrong with sides. You can pair the chicken with a comforting side and salad or simply stick to a salad/vegetable of some sort to keep things light.
Here are some of our favorite sides to serve with roasted herb chicken:
- Cauliflower Mash with Ricotta and Roasted Garlic
- Mom’s Mexican Rice
- Easy Oven Roasted Broccoli
- Baked Potato Fries
Here are some of our favorite salads to serve with roasted chicken:
- Pasta Salad with Italian Dressing
- Avocado and Apple Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Tomato Mozzarella Salad with Balsamic Reduction
- Chopped Greek Salad with Avocado
If you try Roasted Herb Chicken, don’t forget to leave feedback and a rating.Print
Roasted herb chicken is a foolproof family favorite recipe that never disappoints! It comes together so quick and easy.
- 2 lbs. chicken drumsticks, pat dried with paper towel
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. If using aluminum foil, lightly coat with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the spices and set aside.
- Place the chicken drumsticks into a large bowl. Make sure they have already been pat dried with a paper towel. Add olive oil and using your hands, toss to coat.
- Sprinkle in the seasoning mix and using your hands again, toss the drumsticks making sure each piece is thoroughly coated with the seasoning.
- Arrange the drumsticks on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes. Then flip the drumsticks and roast for additional 25-30 minutes. If desired, broil for 2-3 minutes for extra crispy skin.
Keywords: easy, family friendly, seasoned