Quick and easy Asian chopped salad with cabbage, edamame, cashews, and cilantro. That is tossed in a flavorful sesame oil dressing.
It’s a wonderful salad to serve with 4-Ingredient Easy Potstickers for a delicious meal.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you love those Asian salad kits then you will love this crunchy Asian chopped salad. It’s made with two types of cabbage, white and red, carrots, edamame, green onions, cashews, and cilantro.
I also love to add crunchy wonton strips. Most grocery stores carry them in their Asian aisle. They definitely add an extra crunch!
The salad is tossed in a flavorful sesame oil dressing with rice vinegar, honey, lime juice, and ginger. You want to use fresh ginger and fresh lime juice. It totally makes a difference!
You can prepare this salad up to one day ahead. It stores really nicely in the refrigerator and I think it even tastes a little better the next day.
If you’re using wonton strips, you’ll want to add those in just before serving so they do not turn soggy.
If you try Crunchy Asian Chopped Salad, don’t forget to leave feedback and a rating.Print
Quick and easy Asian style salad with cabbage, edamame, cashews, and cilantro, that is tossed in a flavorful sesame oil dressing. It’s a wonderful salad to bring to potlucks!
- 4 cups chopped white cabbage
- 3 cups chopped red cabbage
- 2 medium carrots, grated or shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup shelled edamame, cooked*
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews, finely chopped
- Handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- Crispy wonton strips optional**
- 3 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- In a large salad bowl, toss together all of the salad ingredients. If using wonton strips, hold off on adding those until after the dressing.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Then pour over the salad and throughly toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
*I normally find shelled edamame in the frozen vegetable section. To cook, just boil for few minutes, drain, and let them cool for few minutes while preparing the rest of the salad.
**Crispy wonton strips can be found in the Asian aisle of the grocery store, next to the soy sauce, etc.
Keywords: asian salad, chopped salad, crunch salad