This grilled orange chicken is juicy and tender after being marinated in a simple yet flavorful orange marinade. It’s a family favorite that never disappoints.
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless, chicken thighs
- 1 cup orange juice, pulp free
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- A couple of dashes of hot pepper sauce
- Black pepper, to taste
- For the marinade: In a medium bowl, whisk orange juice, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, paprika, and hot pepper sauce. Add chicken and toss to coat. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and marinate at least 4 hours up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- To cook the chicken: Pre-heat the grill on medium-high heat. Add chicken and grill until cooked through, about 12-15 minutes. Discard the marinade. Rest chicken for 5-7 minutes before serving.
- Leftovers: Store leftover grilled chicken in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Seasoning: I never add salt to this marinade as I find the chicken to be seasoned just enough from the soy sauce.
- Recipe was originally published May 2016
- Serving Size: 1 chicken thigh
- Calories: 301
- Sugar: 4.1 g
- Sodium: 1486.2 mg
- Fat: 15.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.7 g
- Protein: 32.8 g
- Cholesterol: 142 mg
Keywords: grilling, easy, chicken thighs