I’m practically serving dinner to you guys today! Don’t you love that 🙂 I’m all about easy and quick these days. Before I had Eva I had this thought of making frozen meals for when she comes but told myself “oh, I’ll have time to cook” well now I’m kicking myself for not doing it. I would just be happy with sleeping for more than 2 hours these days, not to mention cooking dinner. But life does go on. Max returns to work next week so it’s going to be a juggle between new baby, work, dinners, and a 6 year old that is used to all the attention. So I’m all about easy and quick dinners these days.
These chicken kebabs only take 30 minutes to marinate and 10 minutes to cook. They are tasty, juicy, and not to mention quick to make. We’ve been grilling nonstop since it warmed up and kebabs are one of the dishes we love to make whether with chicken, beef, or seafood. Pretty much anything on a stick and I’m there 🙂
This recipe uses pantry staple ingredients for the marinade and no special tools. Just a whisk and a bowl. You whisk the marinade ingredients together and throw in the chicken. Let it soak in all the flavor in the fridge for atleast 30 minutes but no more than 1 1/2 hour. If you let it sit too long, the chicken pretty much cooks in all the lemon juice and becomes gross. That’s the best I can describe it. Pretty much just don’t do it! Then skewer on the chicken and grill for about 10 minutes. That’s it!
I used chicken thighs vs. breasts. Thighs are much juicier than breasts and take less time to cook. Not to mention half the price of the chicken breasts! The result is seriously all juice. Tender chunks of chicken that are zesty and garlicky at the same time. Lemon + garlic is the perfection combination here. File it under new baby food or just quick and easy 🙂
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless, chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (1 – 1 1/2 lemons)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon zest (3 large lemons)
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- Whisk together the lemon juice, lemon zest, oregano, garlic, olive oil, and salt.
- Place the chicken in a bowl or large ziploc bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken and refrigerate covered for at least 30 minutes but no more than 1 1/2 hours.
- Skewer the chicken and grill on high heat for 5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Serve immediately.
* add 30 minutes to prep time for chicken to marinate
**lemon slices used for presentation purposes only