Weeknight dinner has never been easier than this 20-Minute Honey Lime Chicken with healthy zucchini noodles. No need to order take-out as you can make this any day of the week in no time. Super flavorful, simple and most important much lighter than any take out!
Oh, do I have a treat for you guys today. And no, it’s not chocolate, ice cream or cookie but even better. In my world atleast. It takes about 20 minutes to make, suitable for all ages, and is way healthier than take out. This asian/chinese inspired dish is absolutely a must. It reminds me of something you would order from your favorite chinese take-out but of course without the crazy calories, ingredients, and after effects. I love everything about this!
First off, it’s made with chicken. Can’t go wrong with chicken. Ever.
Second, this honey-lime 6 ingredient sauce is the bomb. So flavorful and so easy to whip up.
Lastly, it has my favorite kind of noodles or should I say zoodles? No guilt here. These noodles are actually spiralized zucchini. Thanks to my handy dandy little tool. Do you have one? Because you totally need one. I actually have a small hand held vegetable spiralizer (very very similar to this one) that gets the job done and stores really easily.
So, this dish. It’s made all in one pan. You start off with searing the chicken, then you add the sauce and then the zucchini. It’s that easy. Seriously. I say it takes about 20 minutes but you can totally get away with 15. When you sear the chicken, you want the skillet to be really hot to get the nice golden brown color. And when you stir in the sauce, it will seem like there is not enough but don’t worry, zucchini gives off moisture and will produce enough liquid to balance out the sauce.
I love everything about this dish. It has healthy protein, healthy veggies, and flavorful sauce. And can we not forget it’s made in one-pot in 20 minutes. I mean what’s not to love here? Now go get ’em.Print
- 3 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil, plus extra for cooking
- 1 1/2 tsp. peeled + grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or pressed
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 large (2 lbs.) zucchini, spiralized
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 1–2 green onions, thinly sliced
- salt and black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, lime juice, canola oil, ginger, and garlic. In a separate bowl, whisk 3 tablespoons of the sauce with flour. Mixture will be thick and paste like. Set both mixtures aside.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add just enough canola oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Season chicken lightly with salt and pepper; add to the hot pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the outside is golden brown but still raw on the inside.
- Stir in the paste like mixture and toss to coat. Then add the remaining sauce and cook for 30 seconds, while stirring. The liquid will quickly reduce.
- Add zucchini noodles and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes until tender crisp.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and sliced onions. Serve immediately.
Keywords: easy, take out, chinese, healthy
*Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links.