Avocado caesar salad with cucumbers, crunchy croutons, and Greek yogurt caesar dressing just has to be one of my all-time favorite combos!
This new spin on the traditional classic caesar salad recipe is insanely delicious. It combines fresh romaine lettuce, English cucumbers, avocado, crunchy croutons, and healthy caesar dressing made with Greek yogurt. It’s rich, creamy, and absolutely satisfying.
The best part about this side salad is that it pairs so well with dishes like Pasta Primavera, Baked Chicken Parmesan, or Creamy Roasted Tomato Soup. Or you can easily turn this side salad into a main salad by simply adding grilled chicken or shrimp on top.
Ingredients for Avocado Caesar Salad
Traditional caesar salad is made with romaine lettuce, caesar or garlic-flavored croutons, Parmesan cheese, and Caesar dressing with raw egg.
However, this avocado caesar salad is made with more veggies (hello avocado and cucumbers), simpler caesar salad croutons, caesar salad cheese (Parmesan or Romano cheese), and Greek Yogurt caesar dressing.
- Romaine lettuce – rinsed, patted dry, and chopped
- Avocado – thinly sliced
- English cucumber or persian cucumbers – thinly sliced
- Baguette – you will need about half of baguette torn into bite size chunks
- Butter and olive oil – combine and melt over low heat or microwave
- Greek yogurt – plain, whole milk
- Anchovy paste or canned anchovies
- Garlic – minced
- Lemon – you will need 3 tablespoons of juice
- Parmesan cheese – preferably freshly grated
- Dijon mustard
- Worcestershire sauce
- Milk – any type of milk will work (dairy or plain non-dairy)
How to Make Greek Yogurt Caesar Salad Dressing
- Add all dressing ingredients to a bowl of a food processor. Season mixture with salt and pepper, to taste. Pulse until combined. Refrigerate the dressing in an airtight container while you prepare the croutons and the salad.
How to Make Caesar Salad Croutons
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Then, tear the baguette into bite size pieces; toss with butter and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spread onto a large sheet pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden crisp. Remove from oven and let cool.
How to Make Avocado Caesar Salad
- Lastly, in a large salad bowl, toss romaine lettuce, cucumbers, and half of the croutons with desired amount of dressing. Top with sliced avocado, remaining croutons, and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. You will have leftover caesar dressing, which can be stored in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
Tips for Making Avocado Caesar Salad
- Pat dry your romaine lettuce really well or even better use a salad spinner. There’s nothing worse than wet soggy lettuce.
- Whole milk Greek yogurt works the best for this caesar dressing. Low-fat and fat-free tends to be really tangy. I love Fage total yogurt.
- Anchovies. Some people hate them, some don’t mind them. Anchovies add richness and saltiness to the dressing which is hard to achieve with out. But don’t worry they won’t make the dressing taste like fish. And if canned anchovies gross you out, buy anchovy paste. Brands like Delallo make it now.
- When tossing the salad with the caesar dressing, go easy on the dressing. Add little by little until you have the desired amount.
- Caesar salad tastes the best when it’s chilled. Trust me on this. Chill your dressing, chopped up romaine, and cucumbers before tossing with the dressing.
More Caesar Salad Recipes to TryPrint
Caesar salad with avocado, cucumbers, crunchy croutons, and Greek yogurt caesar dressing. It’s one of my favorite all time salad combos!
- 8 oz. baguette (about 1/2 baguette)
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2–3 medium heads of romaine lettuce, rinsed, patted dry, and chopped or torn into bite size pieces
- 1/2 English cucumber or 4 persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, whole milk
- 2 tsp. anchovy paste or 2 canned anchovies
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Prepare the dressing: add all ingredients to a bowl of a food processor. Season mixture with salt and pepper, to taste. Pulse until combined. Refrigerate the dressing in an airtight container while you prepare the croutons and the salad. Mix gently before serving and taste for salt and pepper.
- Prepare the croutons: pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Tear the baguette into bite size pieces; toss with butter and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spread onto a large sheet pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden crisp. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Prepare the salad: in a large salad bowl, toss romaine lettuce, cucumbers, and half of the croutons with desired amount of dressing. Top with sliced avocado, remaining croutons, and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
- The dressing can be refrigerated for up to 1 week in an airtight container. It will thicken the longer it sits. Add 1-2 tablespoons of milk to thin out the dressing.
Keywords: caesar salad with avocado, greek yogurt caesar dressing, healthy caesar dressing