Grilled garlic shrimp made with only 7-ingredients! It’s a quick, easy, and incredibly versatile recipe.
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- Zest of 2 limes
- 1 1/2 lbs. extra-large or jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, paprika, salt, lime zest, and juice. Toss the shrimp with the mixture and set aside to marinate for 15 minutes. Do not marinate for more than 20 minutes, otherwise, the acid in the marinade will break down the shrimp and make them mushy.
- Preheat an outdoor gas grill on medium-high heat. Clean and oil the grill grates.
- Thread the shrimp onto the skewers. Do not overcrowd the shrimp as it won’t cook evenly.
- Place the skewers on the grill and cook, uncovered, until the shrimp are tender and opaque, about 2 minutes per side. Remove immediately and serve. Optional, garnish with fresh minced parsley.
- Shrimp: If using frozen shrimp, make sure to defrost the shrimp first. Drain excess liquid and pat dry with few sheets of paper towels before tossing with the marinade. Feel free to keep the tails on or off.
- Skewers: Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning.
- Leftovers: Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Keywords: easy shrimp, shrimp skewers, grilled seafood