Super nutritious salad with good for you ingredients! Delicious way to welcome fall with this edamame, quinoa and apple chopped salad. Tossed in zesty citrus vinaigrette. Makes a delicious office or school lunch!
It’s been too long since I shared a quinoa recipe. Like one week too long. My obsession with quinoa never stops but don’t blame me. Quinoa is apparently “the mother grain”. Way nutritious than pasta or rice and this superfood is on our weekly menu. We don’t eat much pasta or rice but we sure do eat plenty of quinoa.
I first started cooking with plain white quinoa. Which I still love. It’s super light and mild in taste. Recently though I discovered red quinoa. It’s nuttier and more crunchier in texture. I love using red quinoa in a chopped salad like this one. Texture and taste remind of me fall. Rustic and beautiful.
I combined delicious Envy apples (also Gala or Granny Smith will do here!) with soybeans (edamame) and creamy avocado, along with crunchy veggies and sliced almonds. Tossed in super flavorful yet light, citrus vinaigrette. Crunchy and creamy yet zesty and light kinda salad. All in one.
It could technically pass for “superfood” salad. I mean just between red quinoa and edamame you have plenty of protein to last you till dinner time, considering there is absolutely no meat in this salad.
If you try Edamame Quinoa Apple Salad, don’t forget to leave feedback and a rating.Print
Super nutritious salad with good for you ingredients! Delicious way to welcome fall with this edamame, quinoa, apple salad with citrus vinaigrette.
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa, completely cooled
- 1 cup cooked, shelled, edamame
- 1 celery rib, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 apple such as Envy, Gala, Granny Smith, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, toss all ingredients with vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Whisk ingredients together until combined.
Keywords: fall, easy, quick, meal prep