Quinoa apple salad with edamame, cranberries, and avocado tossed in a citrus vinaigrette. It’s a great salad to pack for work or school.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped apple
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup sliced toasted almonds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. honey
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients until combined. Set aside.
- To a large bowl, add all of the salad ingredients. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and stir everything together until combined. Taste for salt and add more if needed.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Quinoa: Quinoa can be prepared a few days in advance and kept refrigerated. If using freshly cooked quinoa, make sure to cool the quinoa to room temperature before adding to the salad.
- Make Ahead: Hold off on adding the avocado until ready to serve.
- Recipe was retested and slightly modified since originally published 9/26/15.
Keywords: fall, easy, quick, meal prep