Easy BBQ chicken sliders made with chicken thighs, simple homemade barbecue sauce, and refreshing coleslaw. It’s an ultimate crowd-pleasing summer meal that can be whipped up in no time!
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3–4 Tbsp. avocado oil or other high heat oil
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless, chicken thighs, about 8, trimmed of excess fat
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 recipe Easy Coleslaw Recipe
- 12 Slider buns or Hawaiian sweet rolls
- Optional: thinly sliced red onions, sliced pickles
- In a bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the BBQ sauce: ketchup, honey, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, chili powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan or skillet over medium/high heat. Lightly pat dry the chicken with few sheets of paper towels to remove excess moisture. Lay flat on a platter or cutting board and season both sides with salt and pepper. Add chicken to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until lightly golden brown. Do not overcrowd the chicken or it will not brown. If needed, cook in batches.
- Pour the prepared BBQ sauce over the chicken. Reduce heat to a medium/low and cook covered for 20-25 minutes, flipping the chicken halfway through. The sauce will slightly reduce and thicken.
- Remove the pan off heat and let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes. Using two forks, shred the chicken inside the pan and toss to coat with the sauce. Serve inside a slider bun topped with coleslaw.
- Leftovers: Store leftover BBQ chicken in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Nutritional information is only for the BBQ chicken and does not include the toppings and slider buns.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 176
- Sugar: 11.6 g
- Sodium: 409.4 mg
- Fat: 6.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.7 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 71 mg
Keywords: cook out, summer, bbq