Salad Pizza with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Salad Pizza with honey parmesan flatbread baked until golden crisp, then topped with balsamic spring mix, tomatoes, and shaved Parmesan cheese. It’s salty, sweet, and full of flavor!
Looking for a quick lunch that hits all the cravings of pizza and salad? This inspired CPK tricolor salad pizza recipe is exactly what you need. Just like our chicken salad pita, this lunch ready in under 15 minutes with minimal prep and tasty results!
This easy salad pizza brings together a flavor combination of fresh spring lettuce mix, zesty dressing, crispy Parmesan-crusted flatbread, and chopped vegetables for a delicious bite.
The freshness of the salad compliments the warm, crispy crust that is infused with honey and toasted Parmesan, a uniquely delicious flavor by itself.
Why I Love this Easy Flatbread Salad Pizza
This salad pizza recipe is simple and has a burst of flavor with the Parmesan, honey, and zesty homemade balsamic vinaigrette. It was inspired by the California Pizza Kitchen which brought this amazing creation to light. These two dishes are great on their own but even better together.
The texture is my favorite part. You get this warm, toasty, cheesy flatbread with a hint of sweetness, and then top it with a bright, tangy salad with fresh-cut tomatoes. It’s the perfect combination of salad and carbs.
I love to use store-bought naan bread for the crust of this salad pizza. It makes this lunch recipe quick to make, but you could also use one of these options:
- Pita bread
- Frozen pizza crust
- Make from scratch
- Low-carb crust, such as cauliflower
How to Make Salad Pizza
- Brush the flatbread with olive oil and honey, season, and bake in the oven until golden brown. Then add the cheese to finish toasting.
- Toss together the salad ingredients with the dressing.
- Top each flatbread with the salad, more cheese, and enjoy! I like to drizzle a little extra dressing over the salad right before serving.
Salad Pizza Toppings
A versatile recipe, this salad pizza can become unique to your palette. Interchange the toppings for a new, fresh spin on a simple lunch recipe. The cheese and spring mix could also be switched out, and the dressing!
The possibilities are endless, but this simple pizza salad recipe is just the thing you need to create these different ideas.
- Blackened Chicken Pizza Salad – Mix up ¼ cup mayo with 1 cup shredded mozzarella and spread on flatbread. Top with pieces of blackened chicken and chopped bacon and bake. Then, toss together romaine and iceberg lettuce mix in a tangy caesar dressing, with chopped tomatoes and sliced avocado, served on top. Yum!
- Southwest Salad Pizza – Toasted flatbread with Monterey jack cheese topped with lettuce, corn, black beans, crispy tortilla strips, sour cream, salsa, and Chipotle ranch.
- Green Goddess Salad Pizza – Herb cream cheese spread on warm flatbread topped with a blend of spinach, basil, and butter lettuce tossed in Green Goddess dressing. Add more fresh veggies like snap peas, cucumbers, and radish.
Some Other Topping Additions and Substitutions
- Red onions
- Olives – green or black
- Artichoke hearts
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cheeses: Feta, Mozzarella, Cheddar, Blue cheese
- Salad: Spring mix with Spinach, Spinach, Butter lettuce, Romaine, shaved Cabbage, Arugula
Be creative and satisfy your cravings with many options to choose from.
How Can I Make this Recipe Even Easier?
- Use store-bought dressing.
- Use packaged flatbread.
- Have prepped vegetables ready to go.
More Flatbread Recipes
- Fig and Caramelized Onion Flatbread
- Mediterranean Flatbread
- Artichoke Tomato and Spinach Flatbread
- Avocado Pizza
Honey parmesan flatbread baked until golden crisp, then topped with balsamic spring mix, tomatoes, and shaved Parmesan cheese. It’s salty, sweet, and full of flavor!
- 2 (8-inch) round flatbreads, such as naan
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp. liquid honey, divided
- 4 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Brush each flatbread with 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 tablespoon of honey. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until crisp and golden. Honey will be really liquidy but will harden as the flatbread cools. In the last 3 minutes of baking, add 2 tablespoons of shredded Parmesan cheese over each flatbread.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- In a large bowl, toss the spring mix and tomatoes with the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble, pile on the salad evenly over each flatbread. Top with shaved Parmesan cheese and more black pepper. Slice and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1/2 naan, plus salad
- Calories: 297
- Sugar: 12.7 g
- Sodium: 603.4 mg
- Fat: 13.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 37.9 g
- Protein: 9.7 g
- Cholesterol: 8.4 mg
Keywords: salad pizza, easy, lunch