Greek Yogurt Caesar Dressing
Greek yogurt Caesar dressing with fresh lemon juice, creamy Greek yogurt, and Parmesan cheese. This no mayo dressing is so quick and easy to make!
Greek Yogurt Caesar Dressing
I love a good Caesar salad. There’s something about the creamy, garlicky, and savory flavor of a Caesar dressing that makes a simple plate of romaine greens so delicious. Today I’m sharing our all-time favorite Caesar dressing.
It’s incredibly delicious, made with easy ingredients, and is pretty quick to make. Like 5-minutes quick with a couple of pulses in a food-processor!
What is Caesar Salad Dressing Made Of?
Classic Caesar dressing is thick and creamy, a result of blending together egg yolks and oil. Our homemade dressing is made without eggs or any mayo, which a lot of times is used to achieve the same creaminess.
Instead, it’s made with Greek yogurt with a little bit of milk and olive oil to achieve the same effect. Then flavored with Parmesan cheese, anchovies, garlic, fresh lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
Before you ask if anchovies are necessary and the answer is yes! Anchovies add the tangy, salty, rich flavor and are essential to our yogurt Caesar dressing. Without the anchovies, the dressing tastes too flat.
How to Make Yogurt Caesar Dressing
You can also make the dressing in a bowl with a whisk. However, to keep it creamy, make sure to use anchovy paste and not the actual anchovies in a can. Also, you’ll want to use a fine grater or microplane on both the garlic and the Parmesan cheese.
To make the dressing in a food-processor, simply add all ingredients into a bowl of a food-processor and blend until smooth. Thin out the dressing with a teaspoon of milk if it’s too thick. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Tip: To avoid oversalting the dressing, first blend all ingredients together without any salt. Then stop the food-processor and taste the dressing, and season with salt as needed.
Storing the Dressing
The recipe below makes approximately 1 cup of salad dressing so you’ll have plenty of leftovers to enjoy throughout the week. Homemade Caesar dressing will keep refrigerated for up to 3 days in a closed container. I’ve stretched it out to 5 days and it was fine too.
I like good old-fashioned mason jars for storing the dressing but any container with a lid will do.
How to Serve Caesar Dressing
The best part about a Caesar dressing is that it’s so good over so many other things than just a salad. Here’s are some ideas to use it:
Greek yogurt caesar dressing with fresh lemon juice, creamy Greek yogurt, and Parmesan cheese.
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, whole milk or 2%
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. anchovy paste or 4 canned anchovies
- 1–2 garlic cloves, for more garlic taste use 2
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Add all ingredients into a bowl of a food-processor and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Thin out by a teaspoon of milk if it’s too thick.
- The dressing tastes the best after it’s been chilled in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Makes 3/4 cup of dressing.
- The dressing will keep refrigerated for up to 3 days. Stir before serving. If it’s too thick, thin out with little milk.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 97
- Sugar: 1.2 g
- Sodium: 153.9 mg
- Fat: 8.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.8 g
- Protein: 3.3 g
- Cholesterol: 5.9 mg
Keywords: healthy, salad dressing, vinaigrette