Quick and easy Asian style salad with cabbage, edamame, cashews, and cilantro, that is tossed in a flavorful sesame oil dressing. It’s a wonderful salad to bring to potlucks!
- 4 cups chopped white cabbage
- 3 cups chopped red cabbage
- 2 medium carrots, grated or shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup shelled edamame, cooked*
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews, finely chopped
- Handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- Crispy wonton strips optional**
- 3 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- In a large salad bowl, toss together all of the salad ingredients. If using wonton strips, hold off on adding those until after the dressing.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Then pour over the salad and throughly toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
*I normally find shelled edamame in the frozen vegetable section. To cook, just boil for few minutes, drain, and let them cool for few minutes while preparing the rest of the salad.
**Crispy wonton strips can be found in the Asian aisle of the grocery store, next to the soy sauce, etc.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 229
- Sugar: 9.8 g
- Sodium: 40.9 mg
- Fat: 15.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.6 g
- Protein: 6.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: asian salad, chopped salad, crunch salad