Thank you to my friends at Shady Brook Farms for sponsoring todays post! As always, all opinions stated are my own.
Delicious and light grilled turkey taco lettuce wraps. Customize these with your favorite toppings for an easy, low-carb weeknight meal!
I’m excited to share the first grilled recipe to kick start the grilling season. This one is perfect for those busy weeknights when you want something healthy, kid friendly, and easy! These grilled turkey taco lettuce wraps are so fun because you can customize them to your own liking. My kids absolutely adore these. Basically anything “make yourself” and my kids are happy.
For these turkey lettuce wraps I’m using Shady Brook Farms turkey breast chops. I love using Shady Brook Farms because they offer variety of turkey products, such as ground turkey, turkey brats, turkey chops and never use growth-promoting steroids in their meat. These turkey chops are perfect for the grill. They cook fairly quickly about 3-4 minutes per side (or 165F) but at the same time are juicy. For the marinade I went with a simple taco inspired spices. Chili powder, cumin, paprika, onion powder, fresh garlic, and also plenty of fresh lime juice. You want to let the chops marinate for about 30 minutes at room temperature before grilling.
While the meat is marinating, you can make a really easy cilantro lime crema to go with the lettuce wraps. Which is a basically a fancy way of saying flavored sour cream. It’s a combo of sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, and garlic.
To serve the turkey wraps you can really go any way you want but I went with some basic toppings: tomatoes, red onion, avocado, cilantro, cheese, and a dollop of cilantro lime crema.
Shady Brook Farms products are available on the East Coast (CT, DE, ME, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NY, NC, RI, SC, VT, VA, WV). For those in the Midwest and west, look for Shady Brook Farms’ sister brand, Honeysuckle White turkey!
- 1¼ - 1½ pounds Shady Brook Farms turkey breast chops, rinsed and pat dry
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- zest and juice 1 lime
- black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. cilantro, minced
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- iceberg lettuce, leaves separated (see how)
- tomatoes, chopped
- avocado, chopped
- red onion, finely chopped
- cilantro, roughly chopped
- queso fresco cheese*, crumbled
- quick cilantro lime crema
- Add olive oil through black pepper into a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Place the turkey chops into a rimmed dish and pour the marinade over the chops, spreading to cover both sides. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes per side or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F throughout each turkey chop. Do not overcook or they will be too dry.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let sit for 5 minutes before thinly slicing. Serve inside a lettuce with desired toppings of choice.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients until well blended.
© Little Broken. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission or claim my work as your own. Feel free to Pin, Tweet, Facebook and share away with a link back to the recipe post. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and link back to this recipe.
Nutrition info is only for the turkey since the rest will greatly vary on how you build your wrap