Lettuce Wrap Tacos are a great low-carb option on taco night! The meat mixture is perfectly seasoned with spices and served inside a lettuce wrap with toppings of choice.
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1.5 lbs. (24 oz.) ground turkey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- Juice 1 lime
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Butter, iceberg, or romaine leaves
- Tomatoes, chopped
- Avocado, chopped
- Red onion, finely chopped
- Cilantro, roughly chopped
- Queso fresco or cheddar cheese
- Cilantro Lime Crema
- Add any toppings you like!
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add turkey and garlic, and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes, while crumbling the meat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in spices, tomato sauce, and chicken broth. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 5-8 minutes or until the liquid has reduced to about a quarter. Squeeze 1/2 lime juice over the meat mixture. Taste it and add more juice and/or salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve inside a lettuce leaf with toppings of choice.
- Tomato sauce: You can substitute tomato sauce with 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Serving: Feel free to add any toppings of choice. See post for more ideas.
- Leftovers: Refrigerate leftover meat mixture separate from toppings in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.
- Serving Size: 1 cup meat mixture split between two lettuce wraps
- Calories: 217
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 468 mg
- Fat: 13.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.9 g
- Protein: 22.7 g
- Cholesterol: 78.2 mg
Keywords: low carb, healthy, weeknight