Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Calling all buffalo chicken lovers. These buffalo chicken lettuce wraps are made with tangy sauce and served with creamy coleslaw. SO easy, quick, and simple. Very weeknight-friendly too!
Who said buffalo chicken is only for game day? If you love the taste of zesty and spicy buffalo chicken, then these wraps are for you! It’s basically ground chicken smothered in hot buffalo sauce and served in a crisp lettuce cup with creamy coleslaw. I mean does it get better than that?!
You can whip these up for an easy weeknight meal and enjoy the leftovers the next day. I love to pile on buffalo ground chicken mixture and slaw over crisp salad greens with a drizzle of Buttermilk Ranch dressing. It makes for one amazing salad!
Love lettuce wraps? Try out turkey lettuce wrap tacos!
What is the Best Lettuce for Lettuce Wraps?
To be honest I think it comes to personal preference. In my opinion, just about any lettuce is good for a lettuce wrap as long as you can create a cup out of it.
I’m a fan of iceberg lettuce, just because it’s available at just about any supermarket.
I also love butter lettuce, which includes Bibb and Boston lettuce. It’s tender and mild tasting. Plus the leaves are easy to separate. Romaine works as well but makes it tougher to form a wrap.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Prep the buffalo sauce and slaw before cooking the chicken. It cooks pretty quickly so it helps to have everything ready to go.
MAKE THE SAUCE: Whisk together the ketchup, buffalo sauce, honey, cider vinegar, mustard, and garlic. If you’re looking for a great brand of buffalo sauce, this one from The New Primal is pretty delicious. Made with simple ingredients and no added sugar. Always a bonus.
MAKE THE SLAW: Next, make the slaw and set it in the fridge to chill while the chicken cooks. It’s mayo-free coleslaw made with Greek yogurt. But you can certainly use mayo in place of yogurt or do a 50/50.
To a bowl of a food processor, add Greek yogurt, cilantro, vinegar, green onions, garlic, and honey. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Processor until smooth.
Toss with cabbage slaw mix and set it aside. You can add 1-2 tablespoons of oil, such as avocado or olive oil for extra creaminess.
MAKE THE CHICKEN: Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add diced celery and cook for a few minutes until tender.
To the celery add the chicken and cook until no longer pink, about 4-5 minutes, while breaking up with a spoon.
Stir in the prepared buffalo sauce and bring to a quick simmer. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
Ways to Serve Lettuce Wraps
Keep it simple with a lettuce cup topped with slaw and buffalo ground chicken. It’s filling yet makes for a light meal.
You can certainly pair the lettuce wraps with a few side dishes for a more well-balanced meal.
- Roasted Garlic Green Beans
- Cilantro-Lime Coconut Rice
- Baked Potato Fries
- Pineapple Rice
- Cauliflower Tabbouleh
LEFTOVERS: Buffalo ground chicken mixture will last in the fridge for 3-4 days when stored properly in an airtight container. The slaw for about 3-5 days. Keep everything refrigerated separately and assemble as needed.
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes to Try
- Buffalo Chicken Strips from Skinnytaste
- Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Bowls from Joyful Healthy Eats
- Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potatoes from Well Plated
- Buffalo Chicken Tacos from iFoodreal
Buffalo chicken lettuce wraps made with tangy sauce and served with creamy coleslaw in a crisp lettuce cup. SO easy, quick, and simple. Very weeknight-friendly too!
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. cider or white vinegar
- 2 tsp. yellow mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- Lettuce for serving, iceberg or butter lettuce
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, whole milk
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1 Tbsp. cider of white vinegar
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp. honey
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- Whisk together the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the celery for few minutes or until tender.
- Add ground chicken and cook until no longer pink, about 4-5 minutes, while breaking up the meat with a spoon.
- Stir in sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring the sauce to a quick simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, covered.
- Serve the buffalo chicken in a lettuce cup with coleslaw and extra cilantro + green onions, if desired.
- Add Greek yogurt, cilantro, vinegar, green onions, garlic, and honey to a bowl of food processor. Season with salt and pepper. Pulse until smooth.
- Toss with coleslaw until combined. Add 1-2 tablespoons of oil, such as avocado or olive oil for extra creaminess.
- Coleslaw – you can sub mayo or do a 50/50 for the Greek yogurt.
- Leftovers – buffalo ground chicken mixture will last in the fridge for 3-4 days when stored properly in an airtight container. The slaw for about 3-5 days. Keep everything refrigerated separately and assemble as needed. It also makes a delish next-day salad with a drizzle of buttermilk ranch dressing.
- Serving Size: 2 lettuce wraps
- Calories: 368
- Sugar: 29 g
- Sodium: 408.4 mg
- Fat: 15.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 35.8 g
- Protein: 25.8 g
- Cholesterol: 101 mg
Keywords: buffalo chicken, lettuce wraps,