One-Pot Creamy Pesto Shrimp Zucchini Noodles
Healthy one-pot creamy pesto zoodles with shrimp. Made with homemade basil pesto, cream, shrimp, and tender-crisp zucchini noodles. It’s the ultimate meal to add to your weekly rotation!
Make This Easy Weeknight Meal in 30-Minutes!
There’s no doubt that ever since I started playing around with a vegetable spiralizer I’ve become more than a little obsessed. I mean what’s not to love here?!
Long strands of vegetable noodles are served like spaghetti noodles but in a much lighter and healthier way. Now I want to spiralize every vegetable and eat it smothered in a creamy sauce. With zero guilt!
These creamy pesto zoodles with plump shrimp just might be the easiest weeknight meal to make. It all starts with spiralized zucchini noodles. Here’s how you make it.
Ingredients for Creamy Pesto Zoodles with Shrimp
You’ll need the following ingredients to make these creamy zoodles:
- basil pesto
How to Make Creamy Pesto Zoodles with Shrimp
Zucchini noodles aren’t hard to make. All you need is a spiralizer.
You simply cut off the ends of the zucchini and place the zucchini into the end of the slicer and twist. You get endless julienned vegetable “noodles”. You can bake, fry or eat them raw. My favorite is to serve them under the creamy sauce.
I made a simple basil pesto that I combined with cream to create a delicious saucy base for the cooked shrimp and zucchini noodles. This one-pan meal comes together in about 30-minutes. It’s that easy!
Serve these creamy pesto zoodles with a crisp salad for a complete meal. Here are a few suggestions:
More Shrimp Recipes
Love shrimp? Check out these shrimp recipes!Print
Simple, fresh, and healthy one-pot creamy pesto zoodles with shrimp. Made with delicious homemade basil pesto, cream, shrimp, and tender-crisp zucchini noodles. It’s the ultimate meal to add to your weekly rotation!
- In a large saute pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Season shrimp lightly with salt and pepper, and add to the pan. Cook for about 2-3 minutes total (stirring a couple times) or just until the shrimp begins to turn light pink. Remove from the pan.
- Whisk in the flour, then add the pesto and cream. Bring to a simmer.
- Add zucchini noodles and continue cooking for additional 3 minutes or until the noodles are almost tender crisp. Cook time will depend on the thickness of the noodles. Stir in the shrimp and cook until the shrimp are cooked through, about 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat, add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 341
- Sugar: 0.7 g
- Sodium: 407.9 mg
- Fat: 25 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Protein: 25.6 g
- Cholesterol: 209 mg
Keywords: easy shrimp and zoodles, low carb, healthy