Autumn inspired apple walnut salad that comes together super quickly. It’s tossed in a delicious tangy balsamic vinaigrette and you can serve it with just about any of your favorite weeknight dinners!
I have an easy weeknight salad for you all today! It’s made with crisp fall apples and the most delicious tangy balsamic vinaigrette. It’s a perfect side salad that comes together so quickly with just few staple ingredients.
One of my all time favorite things about fall that we started couple years back is going apple picking. It’s such a fun day for the whole family that we look forward to every single year. We haven’t gone this year yet but I’m already thinking about all the things I want to make, like apple tarts, apple pizza, and unlimited apple salads!
This apple walnut salad is the perfect combination of sweet and savory. Sweet crisp apples tossed with nutty walnuts and salty feta in a creamy balsamic vinaigrette. I used red leaf lettuce. It’s so pretty and delicious. The colors remind me of fall. You can use any of your favorite apples for this salad. I went with gala apples for its mild and sweet flavor. Last but not least, feta adds the perfect amount of saltiness and you can sub goat or even blue cheese.
The balsamic vinaigrette has to be one of my all time favorites! It’s only four ingredients and tastes amazing over this salad. It’s creamy and SO full of flavor. I mean it does not get better than that!
Make it. Snap it. Show it. Instagram @littlebrokenblog or snapchat → littlebrokenblg
- 8 cups chopped red leaf lettuce (about 1 large head)
- 1 medium apple, cored and thinly sliced (I used gala apple)
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onions
- ¾ cup walnut halves, toasted
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. honey
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- In a large bowl combine lettuce, apples, red onion, and walnuts. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss to combine. Sprinkle with feta and serve immediately.
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients together and whisk until blended. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.