Jalapeno Artichoke Dip
Transform your snack spread with our baked Jalapeno Artichoke Dip. Seriously addictive and simple to make – it’s sure to become a party favorite.
Why This Recipe Works
- Party Perfect – This spicy artichoke dip is the perfect party food. Just prep the night before and pop it in the oven when the party starts.
- Easy to Make – Our easy recipe uses simple ingredients and methods to create a spicy and creamy dip that’s delicious.
- Special Recipe – We use a unique blend of Parmesan and mozzarella cheese, together with a trio of creams, for an extra creamy dipping experience.
- Suits Any Occasion – Serve pita chips or fresh vegetables for dipping, spread it on sandwiches, or even use it as a baked potato topping.
You can easily find all the necessary ingredients for this baked jalapeno artichoke dip at your nearest supermarket:
- Artichokes: Use canned artichoke hearts to keep things simple. Frozen is okay, too.
- Jalapenos: We use pickled jalapenos for their mildness, though fresh jalapenos can also work.
- Cream cheese: For a rich, smooth texture that’s both creamy and tangy.
- Sour cream: More creaminess with a bit more added tang.
- Mayonnaise: Use full-fat, good-quality mayonnaise to give the dip a richer taste.
- Parmesan cheese: Nutty and salty and so full of flavor.
- Mozzarella cheese: Its great melting quality means it adds gooeyness and a lovely golden brown when baked.
- Garlic: A touch of fresh minced garlic brings a little more depth to the dip.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
How to Make
Preparing this mouth-watering jalapeno artichoke dip recipe is simple! Just follow these easy steps, and it’ll be ready in no time. For detailed directions, refer to the recipe card below.
Step 1: To a large bowl, add sour cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese, mozzarella, half the Parmesan, and garlic.
Step 2: Mix until combined and smooth.
Step 3: Mix in the chopped artichokes and jalapenos.
Step 4: Spread the mixture into a baking dish and top with the rest of the Parmesan. Bake at 350F for 20-30 minutes.
Choosing the Right Jalapenos for Your Spicy Dip
When it comes to selecting the type of jalapenos for our hot jalapeno artichoke dip, we have a few preferences. Our top choice is pickled jalapeños – mainly for their milder taste and less intense spiciness.
We generally don’t recommend using fresh jalapeños. Their heat can be a bit too strong, and the robust taste tends to overpower the other ingredients.
However, oven-roasted jalapenos can work nicely with a bit of prep. Just slice in half lengthwise, remove the seeds, and broil for about ten minutes. This mellows their heat significantly, letting their unique pepper flavor come through.
If you want to make the best artichoke and jalapeno dip, follow these expert tips:
- Room Temp Magic: Let the sour cream and cream cheese get to room temperature before combining – you’ll get a smoother, more uniform dip.
- Cheese Matters: Buy cheese blocks and grate them yourself. Block cheese tastes and melts much better compared to the pre-shredded varieties.
- Jalapeno Jazz: Add some chopped jalapenos on top of the dip before serving for a nice pop of color.
- Texture Twist: We like it chunky, but for a smoother dip, feel free to chop the artichokes and jalapenos into smaller chunks.
How to Serve
You’ve got lots of options when it comes to serving your artichoke jalapeno dip:
- Chips: For crunchy dipping, baked pita chips work well. Tortilla chips or pita chips are also good options.
- Vegetables: Celery sticks, carrot slices, cucumber sticks, or even sliced bell peppers make for some healthy choices.
- Bread: Try some crusty bread cut into thick chunks and toasted – French baguette works, or perhaps even some rustic sourdough bread.
- Sandwich: Paired with turkey or grilled chicken, it transforms an ordinary sandwich into a gourmet delight.
- Baked Potato: A good dollop on your baked potato turns this classic comfort food into something more sophisticated.
How to Store
Before indulging in our creamy artichoke jalapeno parmesan dip, it’s helpful to know the best ways to store and reheat leftovers. Here’s a quick guide:
- Fridge: After letting the dip cool to room temperature, store it in the refrigerator. It should stay fresh and tasty for up to three days.
- Freezer: It’s best to avoid freezing this dip, as it could ruin its creamy texture.
- Reheat: The dip can be reheated. For best results, bake it again in the oven, covered, for about 20-30 minutes, or use the microwave for a quicker option.
Yes, you can use frozen artichokes in this recipe. Just make sure to thaw them completely and drain any excess water. This will stop your dip from becoming too watery, so it stays nice and creamy.
If your dip’s turning out too runny, there’s a couple of things you can do. First off, be sure to drain your artichokes well with a colander.
Also, too much mayonnaise can make the dip runny. Try balancing it out with some more cream cheese or sour cream.
Lastly, a bit more time in the oven can help thicken the dip. If needed, cover it with foil to stop the top from burning.
Definitely! If you’re not a fan of mayonnaise, simply skip it and add more sour cream or cream cheese instead – you’ll still have a delightfully creamy and flavorful dip.
To adjust the spiciness of your Jalapeno Artichoke Dip, control the amount of jalapenos used. Try mixing in only half the jalapenos first, then taste test and adjust as needed.
Also, be sure to use pickled jalapenos, as we’ve suggested. They’re nice and mild – and even come ready sliced.
If you try Jalapeno Artichoke Dip, please leave a star rating and let me know how you like the recipe in the comments below.Print
Transform your snack spread with our roasted Jalapeno Artichoke Dip. Seriously addictive and simple to make – it’s sure to become a party favorite.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or grated on microplane
- 1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts (not marinated), drained thoroughly and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pickled jalapenos
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 1-quart baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- To a mixing bowl, add sour cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Combine until smooth.
- Stir in chopped artichokes and jalapenos.
- Transfer into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. If desired, broil for a few minutes for a golden top.
- Jalapenos: Most pickled jalapenos are sliced into rings. Give them a chop and then measure out 1/2 cup. Feel free to use medium or spicy jalapenos. I used spicy jalapenos for this recipe and the dip was not overly spicy but with a nice bite to it.
- Make Ahead: This dip can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Assemble, cover, and refrigerate until ready to bake. Allow to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before baking.
- Serving Size: 1/8
- Calories: 273
- Sugar: 1.8 g
- Sodium: 387.5 mg
- Fat: 24 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.8 g
- Protein: 9.3 g
- Cholesterol: 46.1 mg
Keywords: holiday, dip, artichoke dip