Ritz Cracker Cookies
Ritz cracker cookies are a simple no-bake treat made with butter crackers and peanut butter that are dipped in white chocolate and covered in festive sprinkles.
What are Ritz Cracker Cookies?
Chocolate peanut butter Ritz cracker cookies are perfect for every chocolate lover in your family. Who can deny the simple but profound combination of chocolate and peanut butter? They may even become your favorite holiday cookies!
These no-bake chocolate and peanut butter sandwiches are made with only four ingredients and in just a few steps. Personalize them with festive sprinkles and enjoy them right away or store them for up to a week in the refrigerator.
These simple ingredients are easy to find at your local grocery store. You only need four things to get started with these cookies.
- Ritz crackers: You’ll need individual butter crackers for this recipe.
- Peanut butter: Any brand of creamy peanut butter will work.
- White chocolate: This is for the chocolate coating on the outside of the crackers. Feel free to use white chocolate chips or white candy melts.
- Holiday sprinkles: Choose your favorite holiday sprinkles.
What is the Best Way to Coat the Cookies in Chocolate?
When you’re making holiday cookies for a special occasion, it’s best to streamline the process as best as possible. These cookies are easy to make, especially if you have everything you need set out and ready to go.
When it comes time to coat the cookies in melted chocolate, there are two ways you can go about it.
You can either spread the melted chocolate over the crackers with a spoon or dip the cracker sandwich in warm chocolate.
The key is to make sure the chocolate is the right viscosity so it’s easy to dip or spread over the sandwiched cookies.
How to Make Ritz Cracker Cookies
Ritz cookies are quick and easy to make. Here’s a brief description of how to assemble them.
Spread the crackers on a parchment-lined baking sheet and spoon peanut butter into the center of each cracker. Top with a clean cracker, lightly pressing down.
Place the baking sheet into a freezer for a few minutes to allow the peanut butter to slightly harden.
In the meantime, melt the white chocolate in the microwave.
If the melted chocolate is too thick, add 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
Dip one side of the cookie into the melted chocolate, cover the cookie with sprinkles and then place them on a cookie sheet to dry for about one hour.
These tips and tricks will help you make this special treat! Don’t forget to pair them with a cold glass of milk.
- Let the cookies rest in the freezer before moving on to dipping them in chocolate to ensure they’re not too warm and melty.
- Allow the cookies to sit on the tray after assembling to let the chocolate dry completely before serving.
- Buy the melting wafers or chocolate chips and melt them on low heat using a double boiler or in a glass bowl in the microwave. If you melt the chocolate in the microwave, be careful not to heat them for too long or it’ll burn. Heat and stir in 20-second intervals to help the chips break up and melt using the residual heat from the microwave.
There are so many different ways you can make these chocolate peanut butter Ritz cookies. Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Use your favorite kind of chocolate like milk or dark chocolate to dip the cookies in.
- Go crazy with sprinkles! Choose your favorite designs or color combinations.
- Use different colors of sprinkles to celebrate different holidays like Valentine’s Day, Easter, St. Patrick’s Day, the Fourth of July, or Thanksgiving.
- Swap out the Ritz crackers with any kind of cookie that pairs well with peanut butter and chocolate. Some examples are shortbread, chocolate chip, or icebox cookies.
- Use Nutella, cashew butter, almond butter, or Biscoff spread instead of peanut butter.
How to Serve
Ritz cracker cookies are perfect for giving out to your co-workers, neighbors, friends, or family during the holiday season.
They make a tasty addition to a cookie box, alongside other treats such as Christmas Chocolate-Covered Pretzels, Chocolate Almond Biscotti, or Date Coconut Balls.
Refrigerate: Store this sweet and salty treat in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. In all likelihood, they’ll be gone before then anyway!
Freeze: You can freeze these no-bake cookies to save for later. This is a great way to be prepared for a holiday party up to three months ahead of time.
One of the best things about these cookies is that they are a no-bake dessert. You can prepare them in no time and start eating them right away!
You can but the cookies won’t stick together as well because the nuts will make the cookies uneven. It’s best to use conventional or natural creamy peanut butter.
If the white chocolate is too thick and it’s hard to dip or spread over the cookies, then you can thin it out. Do this by adding up to two tablespoons of coconut oil and stirring until it’s the right consistency for dipping.
More Holiday TreatsPrint
Ritz Cracker Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 30 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
You’ll love these easy no-bake ritz cracker cookies with a layer of peanut butter dipped in white chocolate and finished with festive sprinkles.
- 60 Ritz crackers
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6–8 oz. white chocolate chips or candy melts
- Holiday sprinkles
- Spread 30 crackers on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter into the center of each cracker. Top with a clean cracker, lightly pressing down. You should have a total of 30 cookies.
- Place the baking sheet into a freezer for 7-10 minutes to allow the peanut butter to slightly harden.
- In the meantime, in a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the white chocolate in 20-second increments, stirring after each increment until completely melted and smooth. If the chocolate is too thick, add 1-2 Tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Working quickly, dip one side of the cookie into the melted chocolate. Alternatively, using a spoon spread some of the melted chocolate over the cookie. Immediately cover with sprinkles and place flat on a cookie sheet. Repeat with the remaining crackers.
- Leave the cookies on the baking sheet until the chocolate has set, about 1 hour. Then transfer into an airtight container and keep refrigerated for about a week.
- Serving Size: 2 cookies
- Calories: 178
- Sugar: 8.7 g
- Sodium: 163.3 mg
- Fat: 11.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Protein: 3.5 g
- Cholesterol: 2.4 mg
Keywords: easy, no bake cookies, christmas
Recipe originally published December 2014
These could not be much cuter, and the fact that they include sweet and savory flavors just makes them even better. You clever little holiday elf!
Ritz crackers are seriously just the best thing ever.. I love their saltiness so I can imagine how good they taste when combined with white chocolate and sweet peanut butter. These cookies have definitely been added to my Christmas cookie list!