Easy creamy chicken chili with pinto beans, roasted tomatoes, and green chilies. It’s thick, chunky, and probably one of the easiest chilies I have made!
I think it’s safe to say that the chili season is officially here and if you’ve been around here for a while than you know how much we love our chili. I think it’s all the toppings that make it so much fun! This easy creamy chicken chili is our newest obsession. It’s made with chicken thighs, pinto beans, fire roasted tomatoes, green chilies, and spices. You basically throw everything into a dutch-oven and it does all the work for you!
How to Make Easy Creamy Chicken Chili – Step by Step
First, heat olive oil in a large dutch-oven over high heat, add chicken, and cook until no longer pink on the outside. Next, add onions and cook for few minutes until soft.
After onions, add the beans, tomatoes, chilies, spices, and chicken stock. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes.
Lastly, add the cream cheese and stir just until creamy.
Best Chicken Chili Toppings:
- cheddar cheese (preferably sharp!)
- tortilla chips
- pico de gallo
- spring onions
- fresh cilantro
- sour cream
Top Tips for Making Easy Chicken Chili:
- To get the most flavor out of the chicken thighs – use high heat and make sure the oil is hot before adding the chicken to the dutch-oven.
- Yes – you can use chicken breast in place of chicken thighs. Cut them into bite size pieces and proceed with the recipe as written.
- Does it really matter if the tomatoes are fire-roasted? Yes! They add insane amount of flavor to the chili.
MORE CHILI RECIPES THAT WE LOVE:
If you try Creamy Chicken Chili, don’t forget to leave feedback and a rating.Print
Creamy white chicken chili with pinto beans, roasted tomatoes, and green chilies. It’s thick, chunky, and probably one of the easiest chilies I have made!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless, chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 (15 oz. each) cans pinto beans or great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 (4 oz. each) diced green chilies
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Heat olive oil over high heat in a dutch-oven. When the oil is hot, add chicken thighs, and cook until lightly brown and no longer pink on the outside, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add onions and continue to cook for few minutes or until the onions are soft.
- Add beans, tomatoes, chilies, spices, and chicken stock. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese just until creamy and blended in.
Chicken breast can be substituted for the thighs. Cut the breast into bite size pieces and follow the recipe as written.
Keywords: chicken thighs chili, one pot chili, easy chili, quick chili, creamy chicken chili