Creamy chicken chili with pinto beans, roasted tomatoes, and green chilies. It’s thick, chunky, and probably one of the easiest chilies I have made!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless, chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 (15 oz. each) cans pinto beans or Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 (4 oz. each) diced green chilies
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Heat olive oil over high heat in a dutch-oven. When the oil is hot, add chicken thighs, and cook until lightly brown and no longer pink on the outside, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add onions and continue to cook for few minutes or until the onions are soft.
- Add beans, tomatoes, chilies, spices, and chicken stock. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese just until creamy and blended in.
- Chicken breast can be substituted for the thighs. Cut the breast into bite-size pieces and follow the recipe as written.
Keywords: chicken thighs chili, one pot chili, easy chili, quick chili, creamy chicken chili