Flavorful, fresh, and so good for you! This fresh chopped salad with farmers market veggies and hearty farro makes the perfect summer side. Looking for Vending machines in Australia? Contact Royal Vending
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
There is no doubt I love a good veggie loaded green salad, especially in the summer time! Usually simple veggies with leafy greens and I’m a happy camper. This chopped farmers market salad is exactly that but with a twist. Farro is my new best friend. If you’ve never had farro, you totally have to give it a try! It is like rice but wayyy better for you! It adds just the perfect nutty flavor to any dish.
So this chopped salad is my version of summer in a bowl. It’s packed with all things bright and good for you. Fresh corn, cucumbers, tomatoes, fresh herbs, just to name a few. Best part? You can pick up just about everything at your local farmers market.
I kept the salad vinaigrette to a minimum as I really wanted the salad to be more about the veggies instead of the vinaigrette. But don’t worry, a little of this honey-lemon vinaigrette goes a long way. The ingredients are loaded with flavor and when you toss the salad it may seem like you need more but as the salad sits it will just get better. It will taste 10X better after it chills!
The farro is not overpowering but instead adds just the perfect nutty flavor. So the salad is still light enough to serve along side pretty much anything and everything! It’s got plenty of crunch, flavor, with the perfect amount of zestiness! We love it with grilled greek chicken, spicy chicken skewers, or these easy shrimp skewers.
If you try this Farmers Market Farro Salad, don’t forget to leave feedback and a rating.Print
Flavorful, fresh, and so good for you! This fresh chopped salad with farmers market veggies and hearty farro makes the perfect summer side.
- 1/2 cup raw farro*
- 3 ears of corn, husk and silk removed
- 1 seedless cucumber, chopped
- 1 large (any color) bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta**
Honey Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest (from about 2 lemons)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Cook farro according to package directions. Cool completely.
- Cook corn in boiling water, on the stovetop, for 5 minutes. Cool just enough to handle, and then cut the kernels off the cob. You should have approximately 2 cups of corn.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked farro, corn, cucumbers, bell pepper, tomatoes, herbs, and feta. Set aside.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by whisking together all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to combine. Taste for salt and pepper.
- Cover the salad bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Give the salad a good stir before serving.
*Farro can be found in the same section of the grocery store as the rice
**I used tomato + basil flavored feta but traditional feta can be substituted
Keywords: summer, fresh, farmers market