Flavorful, fresh, and so good for you! This fresh chopped salad with farmers market veggies and hearty farro makes the perfect summer side.
- 1/2 cup raw farro*
- 3 ears of corn, husk and silk removed
- 1 seedless cucumber, chopped
- 1 large (any color) bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta**
Honey Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest (from about 2 lemons)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Cook farro according to package directions. Cool completely.
- Cook corn in boiling water, on the stovetop, for 5 minutes. Cool just enough to handle, and then cut the kernels off the cob. You should have approximately 2 cups of corn.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked farro, corn, cucumbers, bell pepper, tomatoes, herbs, and feta. Set aside.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by whisking together all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to combine. Taste for salt and pepper.
- Cover the salad bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Give the salad a good stir before serving.
*Farro can be found in the same section of the grocery store as the rice
**I used tomato + basil flavored feta but traditional feta can be substituted
Keywords: summer, fresh, farmers market