This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Food Lion. All opinions are 100% mine.
Simple, yet flavorful quinoa salad with edamame, spinach, fresh herbs, and feta cheese, tossed in a zesty lemon ginger dressing. It’s a delicious side or turn it into a main by adding your favorite protein.
There is nothing better than a bright and fresh veggie loaded salad with zesty dressing to brighten your taste buds. This quinoa salad is loaded with edamame, spinach, red bell pepper, garbanzo beans, and cilantro. Then tossed in the most delicious zesty lemon ginger dressing. The dressing just has to be one of my favorites! I used my go to olive oil and lemon combo that I flavored with fresh garlic and ginger. The ginger gives the dressing a very subtle taste. Just make sure to chill the salad so all the flavors have time to blend together.
This salad is easy, fresh, and affordable to make. You can make it the day before and find all the ingredients at just about any grocery store.
I’ve teamed up with my friends at Food Lion to share their new Shop & Earn program. It’s basically a way to earn cash rewards from simply signing up for the program. It’s free and you can easily track all of your rewards via mobile app or Foodlion.com. The more you shop, the more you earn. I mean what’s not to love here?!
Just to give you an idea, in few short weeks I was able to save close to $50.00 on my grocery bill! I downloaded the Food Lion app and signed up for the Shop & Earn program. The app automatically tracked all of my purchases and applied those purchases towards the appropriate rewards. For example, I spent $20 in the produce department and automatically earned $4 back. So the next time I shopped at Food Lion, my earned $4 was automatically applied toward my total bill. It adds up pretty quickly and is such a huge savings. I love everything about this Shop & Earn program: it’s easy to use (hello mobile app!), saves me money, and I basically track everything where ever I go via mobile app.
- 3 cups cooked quinoa*, cooled
- 8 oz. cooked edamame
- 4 cups baby spinach, lightly packed and roughly chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 (15 oz.) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 cup crumbed feta cheese
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice (approx 2 lemons)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1½ tsp. kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- For the salad, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until blended. Cover the salad and chill for 20-30 minutes before serving.
- In a small bowl or jar with a lid, whisk all the ingredients together until combined.